Pioneer Head Unit and Kicker Speakers...

Gruca

World's Slowest 3v Owner
Reaction score
Yesterday I started the installation of 4 6x8 Kicker CS68s and a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX head unit in my 2010 GT. The 4 speakers were pretty simple to install. The back ones were not the nightmare that I've read about constantly. Granted, removing the entire back seat is way too much work for replacing 2 speakers, it only took about half an hour. Once the rear seat is out, the top portion of the seats fold down and everything is really easy to get to at that point.

I didn't take very good ones but here are some pics.

My terrible wiring skills:

The backseat:

The first time I thought I was almost done:

Actually done and working:

My favorite feature. Wiring it was a pain in the dick:

Bastards!:

dubsesd

Reaction score
How did you get the gauges? By the way you can go on ebay and search for pioneer park brake bypass and u can buy a chip for like $10. It works great!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Gruca

World's Slowest 3v Owner
Reaction score
How did you get the gauges? By the way you can go on ebay and search for pioneer park brake bypass and u can buy a chip for like $10. It works great!

The head unit has an OBDII wire that splices in to the connector under the drivers side dash. It's a pain to get the wires connected, but was worth it. Now I can see how fast I'm going when my 140mph speedo reaches its limit.

A friend of mine is going to ground out the parking brake wire for me. I wasn't sure how to do he's going to get that part fixed for me.

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Aren't the bypass deals just wired up voltage regulators? Should be able to go to radioshack, or somewhere similar, and get one for a couple dollars then solder three wires onto the leads and save a few bucks.

dubsesd

Reaction score
No it needs to be a pulsed ground. The regulator you would use if you had a shaker sound system and wire it to the amp turn on so when you turn the radio on it doesnt make a pop noise.

Last edited:

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
No it needs to be a pulsed ground. The regulator you would use if you had a shaker sound system and wire it to the amp turn on so when you turn the radio on it doesnt make a pop noise.

That's the one. It has been so long since I did my radio I forgot about the stupid speaker pop being why I did that.

stuaft

Reaction score
The head unit has an OBDII wire that splices in to the connector under the drivers side dash. It's a pain to get the wires connected, but was worth it. Now I can see how fast I'm going when my 140mph speedo reaches its limit.

A friend of mine is going to ground out the parking brake wire for me. I wasn't sure how to do he's going to get that part fixed for me.

Hi, are you using an iDatalink cable or using another wiring method to gain "gauge info".

Gruca

World's Slowest 3v Owner
Reaction score
The harness that comes with the iDatalink MUS1 package. There are two wires that get splices into the OBDII PLUG.

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
Pick up the $20 microbypass, i have it and glad i did super easy install and does the work on its own no flipping switches.

Gruca

World's Slowest 3v Owner
Reaction score
Pick up the $20 microbypass, i have it and glad i did super easy install and does the work on its own no flipping switches.

Well this is what I ended up doing. Not that I didn't try every other method first...none of them worked. So I bought the bypass and it works perfectly. Lesson learned.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
please, please take it back out and ditch the wire nuts. solder and heat shrink those connections

Gruca

World's Slowest 3v Owner
Reaction score
please, please take it back out and ditch the wire nuts. solder and heat shrink those connections

Some day when I have a soldering gun. Had to use what I had. I swear to God I went to 5 stores looking for electrical tape and no one had any. I got impatient and used the wire nuts.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back