Supercharger Test Fit on the S550!

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score

If you've been following Lethal Performance on Facebook , Twitter , or Instagram, you probably have noticed the S550 NEWS is flowing hot and heavy today! And we have even more Inside News to Announce.... It looks like we caught our friends at Whipple Superchargers test fitting their newly-designed Mustang GT Supercharger Prototype on the 2015!

Today, Whipple mentioned to us that they will be releasing MORE Insider Photos next week and that this powerful system will be debuting at SEMA on both the DSO and CGS Mustangs!

For More Info, Please Visit: http://www.lethalperformance.com/info/2015-ford-mustang-gt-whipple-superchargers

Stay Tuned!!

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
So they moved the firewall and windshield so far forward there is no longer room for the inlet elbow at the back of the motor? That's going to make all the old 5.0 blower kits obsolete.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Ugh, I hated those camaro kits with a belt front and rear. Maybe they'll have a gear drive on the back or something. Looks like a pretty straight shot to the rotors.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
So they moved the firewall and windshield so far forward there is no longer room for the inlet elbow at the back of the motor? That's going to make all the old 5.0 blower kits obsolete.

You make it sound like better weight balance by moving the motor back in the chassis is a bad thing. Can't wait to see these cars on the road.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
On the plus side, the air goes right into the rotors without taking a 180 bend at the back of the supercharger.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Not a fan of jackshafts myself but like Shane mentioned the front air intake is a good thing.

Jared, what size Whipple is that, is it a 2.9? If so are there any unofficial numbers with both a custom tune and the FRPP tune? Are there any specific goals for the combo? I'd think that 600rwhp would be fairly easy, safe, and emissions compliant with the 2.9 blower and sinter forged stock rods if that's what the 2015 is coming with. It would also be a pretty badass mod for a street car, maybe even too much for an IRS. Maybe the 550 IRS will be nice and beefed up too?

Any first hand news would be appreciated.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
On the plus side, the air goes right into the rotors without taking a 180 bend at the back of the supercharger.

Agreed. I feel like the better flow path more than offsets the added drag of the shaft, but I could be wrong.

Besides, ram air intake!!

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Ugh, I hated those camaro kits with a belt front and rear. Maybe they'll have a gear drive on the back or something. Looks like a pretty straight shot to the rotors.

It's a gear drive case on the back, not a belt. It's a very nice setup.

Not a fan of jackshafts myself but like Shane mentioned the front air intake is a good thing.

Jared, what size Whipple is that, is it a 2.9? If so are there any unofficial numbers with both a custom tune and the FRPP tune? Are there any specific goals for the combo? I'd think that 600rwhp would be fairly easy, safe, and emissions compliant with the 2.9 blower and sinter forged stock rods if that's what the 2015 is coming with. It would also be a pretty badass mod for a street car, maybe even too much for an IRS. Maybe the 550 IRS will be nice and beefed up too?

Any first hand news would be appreciated.

It's a 2.9L. Which is massive overkill really. That thing will make 600 with it barely turning.

I hear they are going to be expensive too.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back