ECU cuts power during burnout?

Gator3-7

Reaction score
I have a '12 V6 with the 6 speed manual all stock at this time. Whenever I do a burnout at the strip, it seems like the the car starts cutting power a few seconds into the burnout. After maybe 5 seconds or so of burnout (TC is off of course) the revs start to fall and coming off the break more or stomping on the gas doesn't change seem to affect it. Is there some kind of programming in the ECU that cuts power during high rev burnouts even with TC off or am I missing something?

Bear with me lol, this is my first modern rear drive car and the only other cars I've tracked were AWD so no burnouts.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
^^ isnt there two settings for tcs on '10+ cars one push puts it in sport mode and you have to push and hold to dismantle it completely?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's what I recall.

evl90lx

Reaction score
1 push to turn off TC, then foot on brake and hold for 5 sec to turn off advanced trac

This will put car in sport mode

Krkruel

Reaction score
Not sure on the 12 but my 14 has 4 modes: on, off, sport and disabled. Disabled is the only mode that completely turns off ESC. Sport they say in book is not recommended for street use.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back