Adjustable rear shocks for 1/4 mile?

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Since I got my mustang dyno tuned over Ford Racing Procal it's day and night. My Michelin pilot sports where fine before as I go to track 5-7 times a season. Issue now is since dyno tune am shredding rear tires and struggling traction off the line. I have highway 66 brembo brake rear springs so rear is lowered 3/4 of an inch and BMR lower control arms. Thinking of adjustable rear shock like Vikings? Help with rear traction on my launch?

Before with Procal I was running 60 ft of 1.9x and 12.6@ 112.
Now dyno tune am running 2.0 or 2.1 60 ft and 12.4 @ 114

If I can get my 60 foot back to 1.9x on street tires am thinking very low 12s, that's why am thinking adjustable rear shocks for weight transfer? If you guys think am looking at wrong spot or correct something different am more than happy to hear suggestions.

Thanks!

lskiller

forum member
Reaction score
Are you just trying to do the best you can on a street tire?

An M&H or MT drag radial will help more than anything to improve your 60' times. Street tires tend to be exposed pretty quickly at the track.

If you do the shocks, doing them front and rear is best.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Disconnect front swaybar, drag radials, then spend money elsewhere imo.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Right now trying to do my best with street tires. In the future, maybe next year when car is paid for I will get a set of drag radials. Am just not sure I want to spend money on drag radials as wont get used much, but that option is on the table.

I have not tried to disconnect my swaybar yet.

I brought up rear shocks as I was reading adjustable ones help at the track then can readjust them for street use but not sure how many people even use them or worth it. Kind of like shorty headers, just because there made and sold and claim gains doesn't really mean they do what the companies claim.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Ive been using Strange 10 way adjustables for years. Im very happy with them. They are priced well too. Summit sells them.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
The Strange SA and the Viking B226 DA shocks are the most common shocks we deal with for the S197.

Typically I tell people this.

For auto cars with up to 600hp, the Strange Shocks work great assuming the rear suspension geometry is effective.

For stick shift cars, OR auto cars with over 600hp....the Viking B226 are a great choice and my recommendation to my customers that I assist with in getting their cars to work efficiently.

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
I run the strange 10 ways up front. I'm on my second set as the first set leaked on me.

For the rears I run QA1 double adjustable....which look identical to the Vikings in my opinion.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I run the strange 10 ways up front. I'm on my second set as the first set leaked on me.

For the rears I run QA1 double adjustable....which look identical to the Vikings in my opinion.

I've had issues with the front strange struts too, but in the end they seem to be the preferred ticket...

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
I really wish there were more options. Because these new ones are bottoming out on me already. And I have only taken the car out once. And that was to the track.

They are cheap. That's the best part. I was going to do coil overs but stopped once I read up on how they act in a street car scenario

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back