Help with Code!

CoreyLoggins

Reaction score
So recently my 06 Mustang has been giving me 3 codes, 2 of them are High and low temperature readings? And the 3rd code is P060C, which is a PCM code. All 3 of them were originally on, but today when the wrench light cut back on only the PCM code was showing. Does this mean only the PCM is going bad and that's why it's giving me these weird readings? I'd like to also mention when this light comes on the car feels like it struggles to pull... if anyone could help me and tell me what the issue is that'd be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewG27

forum member
Reaction score
I would guess it's your pcm unfortunately
Maybe check/clean the connections at the pcm and see if that helps.

And the reason your car is sluggish with the wrench light on is because it puts the car in limp home mode and basically cuts the usable power to the vehicle.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I did a search on that code and got:

P060C Ford (Internal Control Module) Main Processor Performance

Are there any other system warning lights on? ABS, SRS, etc?

From the definition, I would suspect that the PCM is running slow. There could be a number of reasons for this. It may or may not be a faulty PCM. If the MS CAN bus communication is having issues (faulty module on bus, corroded terminals on the MS CAN bus) it could throw such a code.

I worked as a dealer mechanic for many years, and have seen all kind of crazy stuff. One particular car came to mind, where the connector on the ABS module corroded and shorted out the CAN bus. It was causing all kind of wierd issues. (and took some time to trace)

That is why I asked if any other warning lights are on.

Not enough info. That code is referring to "Main Processor Performance". To me, it sounds like the PCM is running slow for some reason. I could be the PCM. It could also be caused by another module on the MS CAN bus.

Are there any ohter malfunction indicator lights on? (ABS, SRS, etc)

Do you have a custom tune on the car? If yes, and NO OTHER WARNING LIGHTS ON, I would try to reflash the tune.

Last edited by a moderator:

CoreyLoggins

Reaction score
Not enough info. That code is referring to "Main Processor Performance". To me, it sounds like the PCM is running slow for some reason. I could be the PCM. It could also be caused by another module on the MS CAN bus.

Are there any ohter malfunction indicator lights on? (ABS, SRS, etc)

When the code does show up it's only the wrench light and the car goes into limp home mode, we sprayed contact cleaner in the 3 plug ports on the PCM and the code went away.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
When the code does show up it's only the wrench light and the car goes into limp home mode, we sprayed contact cleaner in the 3 plug ports on the PCM and the code went away.

Since you cleaned the connectors and it helped:

Check for corrosion on the PCM terminals. ANY corrosion on computer wiring will cause strange/intermittent issues.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
That sounds like a fun challenge

Not when production managers with no practical experience are crying for parts from antiquated equipment they refuse to update. Believe me I welcome a failure that can be troubleshot. Intermittent issues can go on for months. Been there done that. Just resolved an issue two weeks ago that had been plaguing an old machine they refuse to upgrade or retrofit for two months. The parts and labor lost resolving the issue would have paid for two replacement machines. That mindset from young millenial's working as production managers with Russian History degrees makes for a long day and a load of resentment to a person with 25+ years under his belt.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back