How to Clean and protect leather?

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
What's the best products to clean, condition and protect leather? One of my cars has leather dash and i want to keep it in good condition.... As well as my seats and such.

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A forum I was on a number of years ago was also frequented by a woman who ran her own leather business. Her recommendation was Lexol cleaner and conditioner, which I have been using since then. I think it works great.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
x2 on the Lexol cleaner and conditioner (not the combo, but each individual product).

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Ok ill give that a try... Any tips on applying or how often?

I really don't mean to sound like a douche, but read the directions. Seer had to clue me in to reading the instructions and using a damp MF cloth for the cleaner.

I condition my seats about every 4-6 weeks and clean about once every three months.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
I really don't mean to sound like a douche, but read the directions. Seer had to clue me in to reading the instructions and using a damp MF cloth for the cleaner.

I condition my seats about every 4-6 weeks and clean about once every three months.

You don't sound like a douche, I do read instructions but they aren't always the best way to do things.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
In this case the lexol instructions are great.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
I personally use Adam's Leather Cleaner and Condition. I also use that with their Boars Hair brush on pretty much everything on the interior. The cleaner smells pretty good, but is very potent.

The Leather conditioner is not greasy at all, and has a natural leather like scent to it.

I've tried the OTC Lexol's and Megs. and am not a fan of it. Seems too greasy to me, IMO.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
i use chemical guys leather cleaner and conditioner it literally makes the car smell like brand new again, love the stuff and makes the seats feel and look amazing again,.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I'm curious. I know that everyone recommends the Lexol for the most part. Does that cause or are there any issues with using it as I know our seats aren't all leather, just portions of them.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I'm curious. I know that everyone recommends the Lexol for the most part. Does that cause or are there any issues with using it as I know our seats aren't all leather, just portions of them.

It works fine on leather, vinyl, pleather etc

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
What about the the Benz that have that material "MB" or something? I know it's some type of synthetic

CaliforniaSpecial

forum member
Reaction score
A great product but a little overkill for the pleather seats in the Mustang.

Yeah I don't use it too often on my car but it helps keep the center, tan, leather inserts on my seats bright.

It did wonders for my dad's neglected tan leather in his BMW 335. I think getting it to really bake in is the key to great results.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back