The Tale of Alexandria, My Magnetic Metallic S550 GT

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
What's up guys? I figured since I have started modding my car, even though I said I wouldn't LOL, that I should start a "build" thread to document and share with everyone.

I purchased the car on May 9th, 2015 from Five Star Ford in Euless, TX. It was exactly what I was looking for; Base GT, Magnetic Metallic, and 3.55 Limited Slip differential. I got to the dealership 10 minutes before they opened, 9AM, and immediately got in touch with my contact, the Internet Sales Manager. Well, had I not shown up when I did the car would have been bought by someone else later that morning because he told me another Sales Rep had the key for the car and was waiting for another gentlemen to show up to test drive it. So he went and grabbed the key from him and told me to go take a test drive while he got all the papers ready.

You all know the deal, if any gear head is given the option to take a Solo Test Drive, we will and will definitely have some fun. So I drove the car about 15 minutes, tested out the new IRS, and see how much the revised 5.0 pulled compared to the 13 5.0 I had. I feel in love with the car, brought her home and enjoyed her every day.

My plans are to keep it pretty simple for now until another a year or so and then I will start thinking about twin turbos or a Procharger.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago, I ordered the MBRP Race Catback System from CJ Pony Parts and installed it with the help of my friend Sean the same day it was delivered to me.

My thoughts on the MBRB system:
It is much louder than what I thought it would be, but it is very aggressive, deep muscular growl and has a great tone, especially under WOT. The only con, DRONE, from 1,500RPM to 2,200RPM in any gear this system does have some moderate to heavy drone, varying with the throttle input. It also makes it a little difficult to have a conversation with your passenger within said RPM range.

I did end up ordering a set of Vibrant 12'' long resonators, 4'' overall diameter with 3'' through diameter to match the 3'' MBRP h mid-pipe which I plan to have welded in this week. Those should eliminate 75% or more of the drone as well as toning the volume down some as well.

The next day I decided to order the Airaid MPX Series CAI, mostly to delete the ugly sound tube and give the engine bay a more aggressive look, the Redline Tuning Quick Lift Hood Strut System, and UPR's Remote Mount Oil Catch Can.

My thoughts on the Airaid MPX Series CAI:
Now, I know the factory air intakes Ford is putting on from the factory are very hard to improve upon in the performance aspect but to my surprise I did feel a slight increase in power about 4,000RPMs and even more so about 45MPH with the addition of the Airaid. My IAT are also averaging 5-7 degrees Fahrenheit over ambient temperature than with the factory intake which was averaging 7-10 degrees Fahrenheit over ambient. So not only does it look killer, it does perform great.

My thoughts on the RLT Hood Struts:
Ford, why are we paying over $32,600 on a brand new 2015 Mustang GT to have it come with a damn hood prop? Sync, check. Reverse Camera, check. Track Apps, check. But we can't getting some fucking hood struts?!?! Thank you Redline Tuning for being on top of the game and making some great hood struts. The install is very straight forward and only requires one hold to be drilled in the battery cover to allow the gas strut to mount to the fender bracket that is bolted down under the plastic battery cover. I did remove the stickers though, as it makes them look completely factory installed and I am not a fan over stickers.

My thoughts on the UPR Catch Can:
A very well built and thought out piece. The model I ordered comes with Goodrich hoses, quick disconnects, one way check valve in the hose that supplies air back into the intake, machined aluminum can and remote mount bracket. I dare say it is the best one on the market for the S550. Install was very straight forward. Removed the factory hoses, remove one bolt that is under the plastic radiator cover, install remote mount bracket in place of bolt, install catch can onto the bracket with the supplied hardware(one washer and a eye appealing nut), installed supplied hoses. The hoses match the factory hoses under the hood, they route nicely, the catch can gets tucked away and it cleans up the clutter.

For the next 6 months I only plan to lower the car on a set of BMR Performance Lowering springs.

Thanks for reading and I'll be updating this thread as she progresses.

Here are some pictures I took when she was still untouched.

17774092886_bd77e7eaaf_b.jpg

17177891194_30e53c219a_b.jpg

17774076276_b4b560ed58_b.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2316.jpg
    IMG_2316.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2153.JPG
    IMG_2153.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2123.jpg
    IMG_2123.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 37

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Subscribed! Great input on the parts installed so far. I agree with the Hood Struts. :rant:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Subscribed! Great input on the parts installed so far. I agree with the Hood Struts. :rant:

Thanks man! I'll have to post a video today or this week of the exhaust.

Glad to see you are back in a Mustang, Rynie! Looking forward to seeing the additions you plan on putting in.

Thanks Cam, I'm pretty damn happy with it. One day I will reach baller status like you lol.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Like I've said before Ryan, that's a great looking car. Although I am not generally a fan of grey cars, the magnetic looks really classy on the S550 and seems to accentuate the lines of the car very well.

Looking forward to seeing where this build takes you.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Like I've said before Ryan, that's a great looking car. Although I am not generally a fan of grey cars, the magnetic looks really classy on the S550 and seems to accentuate the lines of the car very well.

Looking forward to seeing where this build takes you.

Thanks Chip. I agree, whole heartedly.

Here is a video I put together this morning for y'all!

Last edited:

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Great write-up. I need one if these damn things. Ugh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Thanks man.

For those of you who are interested here are two pictures. One showing the hole I had to drill to accommodate the RH hood strut, and another of where the catch can tucks up into.

Attachments

• IMG_2331.jpg
    IMG_2331.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2328.jpg
    IMG_2328.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 30

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
Dude. I just test drove one today and the salesman took me on a windy road and told me to let it loose. Holy crap I'm in love. I have a serious decision to make to either upgrade to the new irs or mod the 12. Either way I can't go back to the way my car is right now lol

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Decisions,decisions, decisions so I think you should build the s197 just saying

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
I'm leaning that way as well. The DOB offering looks enticing and I only have $4k left to pay this thing off.....but I'm expecting to have children next year so that's in the back of my mind as well.
Ugh, decisions lol

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with Kelly from BMR after asking some questions about the vertical lower links and eliminating my wheel hop. I'm glad I called him and got some great information. Instead of the vertical links which I was told do very little to remedy wheel hop, I will be purchasing the cradle and differential bushing kits along with the Ford Racing toe bushings.

Also, once Black Friday rolls around I will be picking up their Performance lowering springs

Last edited:

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Good deal Ryan. I can't wait until I get mine which hopefully will be springtime.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with Kelly from BMR after asking some questions about the vertical lower links and eliminating my wheel hop. I'm glad I called him and got some great information. Instead of the vertical links which I was told do very little to remedy wheel hop, I will be purchasing the cradle and differential bushing kits along with the Ford Racing toe bushings.

Also, once Black Friday rolls around I will be picking up their Performance lowering springs

Do either of those mods come with a booster seat? :Big Laugh: That's for calling me pops all the time!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back