Review: Track Spec Hood Louvers

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
The placement of the louvers on my car has most of the water draining in between the radiator and engine. I have had the louvers on the car for 3 years now and have had no issues with water. I have even tracked the car in the rain. I wouldn't worry about rain in the slightest.

My car is track only so it was not A consideration for me.
I mounted my louvers a few inches behind the usual location to:
1) cover up some holes left over from the hood scoop and
2) draw some air past the blower.

The sweet spot is from 17" behind the leading edge of the hood to 12" from the base of the windshield, so there is lots of room for discretion.
I went 20 1/2" back. Well within the envelope.

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
Those look really good. Nice job with the alignment.
These were super easy to install. I just taped off the hood and marked the center line. The side louvers are 1" away from the center louver so I just laid a 12" scale between them and taped the template down. (a 12" scale is almost always 1" wide)

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
So, I have to ask, how well does almost 700/700 rwhp work on the road course? Do you find yourself over powering the car often? I have been putting some thought into road racing latley.

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
So, I have to ask, how well does almost 700/700 rwhp work on the road course? Do you find yourself over powering the car often? I have been putting some thought into road racing latley.

Well, I'll tell ya....
It's way more than necessary.
I have the boost down to 9 psi and power at 650/575 now and it's still more than enough. The bigger tracks are more useful and good suspension/tires are a must. I have an extensive racing background and a well prepared suspension and still, it's more than enough. I run Hoosier R7's 295/30/18 and I am going to 335's and if that isn't enough, I'm going to have to go with a wing. I didn't want to stray from the stock appearing motif but I may have to. Aero is a big deal on road courses. I think you'll find the accompanying videos interesting.

Do the gas pedal stomp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXUtxQspKuI

If you drive it smooth it's really quite fast, even on a wet track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pINDlVsfwBg&t=182s

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
Last edited:

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score

I'll tell you though, its a lot of fun. Way worth doing.
If you get serious about doing some track days and would like some info don't hesitate to ask. I'd be happy to share my setup with you so you don't have to go through all the trial and error I did. There are a lot of little things that go unnoticed until they ruin your day. Especially if you are making a lot of power.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I'll tell you though, its a lot of fun. Way worth doing.
If you get serious about doing some track days and would like some info don't hesitate to ask. I'd be happy to share my setup with you so you don't have to go through all the trial and error I did. There are a lot of little things that go unnoticed until they ruin your day. Especially if you are making a lot of power.
Will do, thanks.

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always had a woody for these vents, and I'm glad to see there are more options out for these. I have a Keenan 3" cowl hood in fiberglass. Has anyone vented a fiberglass hood? I'd like to get my hands on the templates for the '05-'09 and '10-'12 vents to see what may work for me. I'm planning to do aero in the winter of '17 (front splitter, rear spoiler), and the hood venting would be a huge bonus.

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
I've always had a woody for these vents, and I'm glad to see there are more options out for these. I have a Keenan 3" cowl hood in fiberglass. Has anyone vented a fiberglass hood? I'd like to get my hands on the templates for the '05-'09 and '10-'12 vents to see what may work for me. I'm planning to do aero in the winter of '17 (front splitter, rear spoiler), and the hood venting would be a huge bonus.

I asked and was sent a set of templates before I bought mine.
The people there are pretty cool. Didn't know me from Adam and just sent them out for me.

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score

The Louvers are hella strong.
Probably be a stronger hood installing them than leaving that square of fiberglass in there.

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then I shall request the templates as well. I didn't think anyone know what customer service was anymore. Refreshing.

BTW, love the videos.

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
Then I shall request the templates as well. I didn't think anyone know what customer service was anymore. Refreshing.

BTW, love the videos.

I know, right? I was so impressed with this simple service I wrote them and thanked them. Later I went ahead and ordered a set and reminded them that their great customer service was what enabled me to make the decision to buy.
Now that I have actually installed them I'm stoked to have a great product from a great company. You just don't get to experience that enough these days.:clap:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back