September 2009 Car Of The Month: NICKOLI

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BKD8-09-09_169A1.jpg

So, you think you have what it takes to be Car Of The Month (COTM) at S197Forum? Admittedly, we are a bunch of drag racing junkies here, so a fast car will definitely give you extra points. But a nice car with creativity and being a little different will put you on top. Nickoli's car fits that description. A beautiful car that also sees the drag strip. Turbo power, and some outrageously cool ghost flames on what would otherwise be a normal set of LeMans stripes sets this car apart. Here, in his own words, is Nick's description of the car build and a little bit about himself that you may not know.

Congratulations Nick!! -- from the entire S197Forum team.

pe3592.jpg

I would like to start by saying what an honor it is to be the car of the month for such a great website! I truly believe this site is one of the most informative out there and it is filled with members who have some of the coolest cars in the world!

My name is Nick Burch and I am a Domino’s Pizza franchisee in southern Illinois. I live in southeast Missouri about an hour south of Saint Louis and have been an active member of our local site STLMustangs.com since 2003 and a member of this site since July 2008.

I have always been die hard Ford. My first vehicle was a 76 “High Boy” F250 that had a 390FE motor and a 4-speed with the granny low. After that I built several 78-79 Bronco’s and it wasn’t until I was offered a trade of a 95 mustang GT for my Bronco at the time that I ever pictured myself in something that was not lifted sitting on 35” or taller tires. I fell in love with the car and took it to the track every chance I could get. It was a solid high 14sec car when I got it but as with everything I can’t leave well enough alone and had to go faster. It eventually turned into a low 11sec machine powered by one of the first Kenne Bell superchargers ever made using a 100 shot of N2O to cool things down.

Once I was able to, I bought another Stang to go with the 95 and it was an azure blue 03 Mach 1. I was so impressed with the 4v modular that the old 5.0 was not getting much of my attention. As with the other car I decided to hit the mach with a 100 shot and put in a set of 4.10 gears. It saw a best time of 11.9 in the 1/4mi. A funny story about the mach, before the gears and N2O I managed to snap the stock axel launching on a sticky drag radial and took it in for warrantee (drag tires taken off of course). The people at ford ended up sending in a regional service inspector to look at it and I like to think I helped the S197 to get 31 spline axels factory lol.

One day I was having lunch with a friend and we were talking about cars of course and he asked me what I thought about the new mustangs (this was Aug. of 06) I told him they were fine but I was so happy with my Mach it would end up becoming one of those cars you keep forever. We had a little time to kill so we went by our local dealership and looked at their selection of Mustangs. The sales man came out and asked me if I was interested in buying one. I told him I had a Mach 1 and was just looking. Being a good salesman he started telling me about the 0% financing they had on left over 06s and told me he bets I could lower my payment. That sparked my interest being in college at the time money was tight. I told him if I was to get one it had to be exactly what I wanted. I had to have black leather interior, an automatic, and anything but red. So he got to looking and located one a couple hours away. When it came in it was white with blue stripes, I didn’t want the stripes since so many of our cars have them but I settled and bought the car.

One day I had some money saved and decided to do something about those run of the mill stripes and called up my friend Koby of KCL design in Wentzville, MO. We decided realistic flames in blue would look good inside the stripes while blue pearl ghost flames would cover the rest of the front end.

After I had it about a year in almost stock form I decided to sell my 95 and buy a turbo kit. This was one of the best decisions I ever made. I have since upgraded the short block and have been building it up one step at a time. Last summer it went a best of 11.3 @ 127mph. The stock transmission and converter were holding it back bad! Currently it has a 4r70w controlled by a Baumannator controller with a 3800 PI stall. It also has undergone a full suspension upgrade as well as a new Precision 76mm turbo. It is getting finished up as we speak and I hope to have it at DynoSpeed Racing in Memphis TN this month for it re tune. The goal is to see over 700rwhp and to make a pass in the 9’s.

Now that the car is going to hopefully see more track time my newest toy is a built 2002 Lightning that I will use to pull the car with. It has a forged bottom end, patriot heads, crower stage 2 cams, ported Eaton with 8lb lower pulley, full fuel system, and a TSI built transmission and converter just to list a few things. I have recently become a member of the National Lightning Owners Club and have started to participate in some of their events as well.

Anytime I get a chance I try to get to the local cruses and shows as well as test and tune nights at Gateway international in Saint Louis and a few other local 1/8th mile tracks in the area. I love showing the car and last summer won the award for best 05+ Mustang at the Milan NMRA event and the participant who traveled the farthest. While parked in that show a picture of my car was taken by the people of the NMRA and this summer they have used it in many of their advertising. The car was shot for a feature in Modified Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine and I just found out it is being printed in the October issue and should be at news stands by the time you read this.

I am very happy with my car and have to thank a few people who had a big hand in getting it where it is today. First I want to thank Derrick Wade for all his hard work and knowledge putting together the car. He has done all of the bigger projects for me as I am not able to due to my work schedule. Second I want to thank Joe Beegle at DynoSpeed Racing in Memphis TN. He handles all the tuning for the car and I highly recommend him and his staff for any of your mustangs needs. And last but not least all my friends in the local scene who have helped turn a wrench when needed, offered their opinions on what I should do next, helped stage the car when I’m at the track etc. (Tony, Richard, Keith, Dave, and Mark just to name a few) With out everyone’s help the car wouldn’t be where it is today!

Complete list of mod’s to date:

Engine

HP single turbo kit with Precision 76mm turbo.
MMR 900 Short block
ARP studs
Manley valve springs
CMCV delete plates
MMR 7 quart pan (car takes 9.5 quarts though)
Corsa axel back
Optima yellow top battery
Tial 50mm blow off valve
Kenne Bell boost-a-spark
Lethal Performance Ultimate Pro Fuel system
60lb injectors
SCT XCAL-3 Tuner

Transmission/Drive train

Built 4R70W conversion
Baumannator transmission controller
PI multi-disk 3800 stall converter
SFI flywheel
Larger trans. Cooler
Retains stock shifter and appearance
Custom built 1pc drive shaft
Stock 3.31 rear gear ratio
Detroit Locker
Moroso long wheel studs
Aero Space front break kit
Suspension
AJE k-member
AJE adjustable a-arms
AJE front coilovers with 200lb springs
BMR radiator support
Adjustable panhard bar
Panhard bar support brace
BMR rear sway bar
BMR adjustable lower control arms
BMR adjustable upper control arm
17x4 Greg Weld pro-lite front wheels with M&H radials
17x9.5 Greg Weld pro-lite rear wheels with 275/45/17 Mickey Thompson drag radials
15x10 Greg Weld pro-lite rear wheels with Mickey Thompson 325/50/15 drag radials
*going in soon: custom built 6pt roll bar and sub frame connectors

Appearance and Gauges

Roush side window louvers
Roush rear wing
Roush hood scoop
American Racing 20” chrome wheels
CDC Aggressive chin spoiler
20% tint
Two blue painted Shelby stripes
Custom blue pears ghost flames
Custom realistic blue flames inside stripes
Intake and radiator cover painted to match stripes and flames
Side mirrors painted to match body
Speed of Sound duel gauge pod with Rapture shift light
Speed of Sound radio pod with two gauges and four switches
Autometer Cobalt boost gauge
Autometer Cobalt electric fuel pressure gauge
Autometer Cobalt wide band air fuel ratio gauge
Autometer Cobalt transmission temperature gauge

Nickoli.jpg

untitled2.jpg

Close up shot of the cool LeMans stripes with ghost flames.......

magad.jpg

Recognize any mustangs in this picture?

Here is a link to a magazine article on Nickoli's car in Modified Mustangs:
http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21124

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, and make sure you post up those dyno #'s and new track times when you get them......:boobies:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Big Congrats Nick! Great Looking Ride!

:cheers:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Nick!! :supercool:

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Great looking car and well deserved for all-around package! And congrats on your piece in Mustang Enthusiasts!!

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Beautiful car!!! I sent someone pics of you car once when he told me that he wasn't a big fan of white Mustangs with blue stripes. He had to agree that your car was the exception.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats Nick! I think this is well deserved, you have one hot ride there.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
gratz nick, I'm still getting all the parts for the 4r70w haha

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back