First 2011 V6 Mustang to Hit 11-Seconds – AmericanMuscle.com!

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

For those of you who know about our 2011 V6 project, you probably saw us cranking out mid-12 second passes at the end of Stage 4. We’ve had our minds set on hitting the 11-second mark, and I’m excited to say that we finally did it!

Last Friday, we went to Cecil and ran 11.94 @ 115.63 mph with a 1.71 60’ on our first run! We wanted to see just how far we could push this V6, so Mike Wilson pushed the car to a blistering 11.90 @ 116.12 mph with a 1.69 60’, proving to all the haters out there that a V6 can be bad ass! Check it out…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVFsq5-Ev4c

We’re really excited how easily this base V6 became a monster and we owe a huge thanks to Mike Wilson and the rest of the crew at Bama Performance for tuning this car to perfection!
I really can’t leak the details just yet, because 5.0 Mustangs & Super Fords magazine is doing an article soon, but I can say we’ve got new drag wheels/tires, a torque converter, more boost and a cooler intake temperatures since you last saw it in Stage 4. If you’ve been following the build up to this point, you know that it took pretty simple bolt-on mods to achieve ridiculous performance! Check out all the installments of our 2011 V6 Project Car here: http://muscle.am/oeSWIn

I think you can probably guess that we’re not done with this thing… we’ll be back at the track soon – going for faster timeslips, as always!

We’ll keep you posted!

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Holy shit!!! That's all I can say. That's sad on my part. I'm only hitting 11.5 so far. Granted, I'll be seeing better times soon in my car, but still... I think it's time to mod the 2011 even further!!!!

HotRodHarry

forum member
Reaction score
Way to go guys!!!! Congrats!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Outstanding times there on a V6. Can't wait to see the article.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Not too bad but it does have a supercharger. Do it NA, now that would be impressive.

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Not too bad but it does have a supercharger. Do it NA, now that would be impressive.

Yes, it's s/c'd. Doing that N/A would cost a fortune.
Boost is so much easier and provides much better results at a lot better price. The whole goal with the car was to make go as fast as possible for as cheap as possible and this is basically as good as it gets right now!

We're going to continue to tweak and modify to try and go even faster:clap:

Great job!

Thanks for the kind words, everybody!

We couldn't do it without all your support!

Keep your eyes peeled for even faster times and more power!

Reaction score
Very impressive times, i just wish it looked a bit more stockish...

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks again, everybody!

Very impressive times, i just wish it looked a bit more stockish...

Yea, but as a business project, this car has to sell parts and some people want to spruce up the exterior a bit.

Personally, exterior mods like what we have on the car now aren't really my thing, but in person it actually looks really good.

To each their own, though! Thanks for your input!

cobra_4

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome work! Just watched all the stages. Great job on the presentation!

frankr

Reaction score
http://flic.kr/p/aTjygV

Did your mustang ever exhibit the 3000 RPM surge? My tuner spent a week wringing out my surge problem. I asked several questions on the am blog site that were never answered. With only the procharger, my mustang went 7.86 in the 1/8 mile Toyota (Irwindale) track @ 93 mph.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back