• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
EDIT: AFTER VOTING ON THE POLE, PLEASE GO TO POST #66 and enter your name and zip code on the map link.

Economics may end up deciding, but I want to get feedback anyway from the group.

Based on how much interest there is, could change the venue. Right now I believe Bowling Green is the most logical choice, and both the Texas and east coast guys would have to drive about the same.

However, if it turns out that the NE is not interested, then we could move to any number of tracks in eastern Texas that would also be good for anyone from the mid west and the south, including georgia and florida.

On the other hand, if little response from Texas, a track closer to the east coast could be selected, like Bristol, TN---or a little further north, like Muncie, Indiana.

You can pick other, name the track, and WHY---good facilities? Good hotels restraurants nearby? Don't mention another track because its 30 minutes from your house.

Timing will probably be next fall. That is plenty of time for everyone. I think next spring is too soon, and the summer is hot + you have PSCA, WCHRA, NMRA, etc running events.

And lastly If you don't intend on going if you have to drive more then a couple hours, do not vote on the pole

To put it bluntly, the opinions that matter to me are the people who truly want to go and participate. I don't want to hear from people who might go if the stars align a certain way and if the dog isn't sick and only if the lawn is mowed.

I have a backup plan if there is not enough interest, but for now I would rather keep is an S197 event. I plan on reserving the day on the selected track myself, so the event is in stone, then we can talk about entry fee, payouts, and how to collect later. If this gets off the ground we also need to talk about classes. But, like I said, that is further down the road.

UPDATE 11/12/2011:

Ok, here is what I am thinking-----

1) Competition entry fee for the 5 classes
2) reduced entry fee for people who just want to TNT
3) have lane also for grudge matchups
4) reduced entry fee for the car show participants

The competition entries will cost more because of a few items I was thinking about in addition to trophies and $$ for 1st-4th

Anyone who looses in competition can continue racing in TNT or grudge.

There will be a seperate area in the pits for the car show. If this turns into a forum war type event, each forum will have their own parking area.

Also, people who are voting "OTHER", make sure you post up your other track suggestion.

Last edited:

bullittrevor

forum member
Reaction score
If the others don't work out royal purple raceway in Baytown, Texas would be a good venue. It's right along I-10 which means plenty of hotels, restaurants, etc. It's also only about an hour from downtown Houston where theres always things to do. Same goes for Hennessy's track, its right off I-10. Rpr is a lot better of a track though IMO. Anyone from san Antonio have a good venue?

Last edited:

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I voted for BG, but will also add Ennis and Dallas Raceway. There are hotels in the area. Ennis is a huge complex. Not far from the DFW area, plenty of things to do if family comes with you.

This is probably not needed, but just in case it came down to this.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I voted for BG. It's a nice complex in a good town. With nice hotels. All three are about equal distance for me. I agree this is enough notice that plans can be arranged to make it there. Once it is set in stone I will start planning and saving for the trip.

pmcferron

forum member
Reaction score
bowling green sounds great. its only a few hours away from me. they always have great track prep and the elevation isnt too high, makes for a great DA on cool fall days.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I can make either BG or Bristol in a day, so either is good (driving from Florida). I'm not familiar enough with either track or area to have a preference so I won't cast a vote.

HAPPY HIPPO

forum member
Reaction score
i vote other! everyone needs to come to el paso! unless i go back to norwalk than I vote for summit motorsports park

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, here is what I am thinking-----

1) Competition entry fee for the 5 classes
2) reduced entry fee for people who just want to TNT
3) have lane also for grudge matchups
4) reduced entry fee for the car show participants

The competition entries will cost more because of a few items I was thinking about in addition to trophies and $$ for 1st-4th

Anyone who looses in competition can continue racing in TNT or grudge.

There will be a seperate area in the pits for the car show. If this turns into a forum war type event, each forum will have their own parking area.

Also, people who are voting "OTHER", make sure you post up your other track suggestion.

2014_GT

Bowtie Bitch-Slapper
Reaction score
I plan on making it and voted other since I'm in Texas; any idea on the dates?

EDIT: I think Dallas would be a good centrally located track. Could get a good mix of west and east coast and center part of the country. That, or Oklahoma.

Last edited:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I would still like to see this a little farther west than BG. Not sure about where there are decent tracks but someone mentioned St. Louis before so that would be better for me than BG.

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
I voted for BG, but will also add Ennis and Dallas Raceway. There are hotels in the area. Ennis is a huge complex. Not far from the DFW area, plenty of things to do if family comes with you.

This is probably not needed, but just in case it came down to this.

ennis or dallas race way would be perfect for me

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am not looking for why a track would be perfect for one person.

I am looking for a location that would be fair for the BOARD. To want a site in Dallas because you live in the same area, while everyone on the east coast would have to drive another 600 miles (vs BG) is just not fair.

But, like I said, if it turns out no one from the east coast would even drive to BG, then Texas actually would be a good option as that would be a good location for (obviously) everyone in Texas and not too bad for everyone in the south including Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back