S197 Mustang Forum - S197Forum.com

Go Back   S197 Mustang Forum - S197Forum.com > Mustang s197 General Forums > Pictures and Videos

Pictures and Videos Pictures and Videos section! Post pics & vids of your car. Link all your favorite Media

Old 06-19-2017, 09:07 PM   #81
ZmanM3
The Evil One

ZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by white95 View Post
I'm running a GT500/C&R heat exchanger with dual fans, bought it from a member here actually.

Tuning with Lito

It's just a royal PITA.. Wife decided she may not like it so I may have one to sell sometime soon.
Lito is the MAN! He tuned my car too.
ZmanM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:39 AM   #82
white95
boost or bust

white95 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZmanM3 View Post
Lito is the MAN! He tuned my car too.

Hell yeah he is!! He's been great to work with and I'm going to use him for my other project when I get to that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOB Crew - HANO Motorsports - SCCA CenLa region - NASA NOLA region - Broke Down Mustangs"R"Us
white95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:02 PM   #83
ZmanM3
The Evil One

ZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond reputeZmanM3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by white95 View Post
Hell yeah he is!! He's been great to work with and I'm going to use him for my other project when I get to that point.

There is a certain 65 fastback with a 3v that I'll be having him tune once it's done.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:02 PM   #84
white95
boost or bust

Random pictures from the installation:

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

DOB Crew - HANO Motorsports - SCCA CenLa region - NASA NOLA region - Broke Down Mustangs"R"Us
Old 06-22-2017, 05:10 PM   #85
white95
boost or bust

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Results of shredding the belt:

Skipped a step somehow when I built the "Frankentensioner" and didn't trim the lower, maximum travel stops. This is what happened next:

1) not enough travel on tensioner, obviously, led to the belt being way too tight

2) the pulley hub started to "walk off" the blower shaft and, when it became misaligned, threw the belt around 4K RPMs

3) At or around the same time, the upper idler pulley came off but luckily stayed with the car

FT before:

FT after correction made:

Growing pains!!!

Old 06-22-2017, 05:14 PM   #86
white95
boost or bust

Today, I ordered a fresh set of Michelin Super Sport tires and tomorrow my Porterfield R4S brake pads arrive. Then, I just need to change the outer tie rods, install the Koni Str.T struts, have it aligned, install the trio of tubular rear control arms and she should be set for quite awhile.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:35 AM   #87
ZmanM3
The Evil One

I went with the Thrump_rrr tensioner.