2005 Mustang ProAm build

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
Going to be compression checking the 4.6. If it doesn't do too well I'm thinking of doing a coyote swap, if all seems good then I'm thinking of a roush super charger

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
Going to be compression checking the 4.6. If it doesn't do too well I'm thinking of doing a coyote swap, if all seems good then I'm thinking of a roush super charger

I dunno how well the whole pulleys thing will do with drifting. Honestly would think turbo would be better.

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
I dunno how well the whole pulleys thing will do with drifting. Honestly would think turbo would be better.

What's the downside of it? I don't have much experience with super chargers, the market for them seems pretty good for mustangs though

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
I've watched videos of people having issues with keeping the belt from popping off at high rpm. However on this forum i have seen some roots style superchargers that have two idler pullies on either side of the supercharger pully. Maybe those are ok.

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
I've watched videos of people having issues with keeping the belt from popping off at high rpm. However on this forum i have seen some roots style superchargers that have two idler pullies on either side of the supercharger pully. Maybe those are ok.

Ahh I can see it now. I'll have to do some research around that more.

I've officially decided what route to go with the car! Going to be doing the 3 rounds of top drift limited next year and also 6 rounds of Redline time attack! I'm interested in setting up a car that could do both, of course it'll be a challenge but I think it'll be fun for sure. Here's also some in car at the grange a few months ago, I think I need to work on staying on the throttle more and not modulating so much.
https://youtu.be/xamOrqg-YzY

46addict

Reaction score
Quick update of parts I'll be throwing on and what else I plan on doing. Any input is appreciated
-Bmr relocation bracket for rear arms
-bmr upper arm
-grantelli Motorsports front and rear sway bars

Still planning to buy
-caster/ camber plates
-unicorn angle kit

That's really everything I could think of to still do other than boosting it
The coilovers you bought come with camber plates so there's no need for separate plates.

As for the relocation bracket, they are designed to increase grip at corner exit/drag launch which could have adverse effects on a drift car. For the upper control arm, get one that has spherical/rod end bushings. The polyurethane ones will bind up under load and can make a car unpredictable at the limit.

In any case, change/add one thing at a time so you know what to undo if you end up with an ill handling car.

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
The coilovers you bought come with camber plates so there's no need for separate plates.

As for the relocation bracket, they are designed to increase grip at corner exit/drag launch which could have adverse effects on a drift car. For the upper control arm, get one that has spherical/rod end bushings. The polyurethane ones will bind up under load and can make a car unpredictable at the limit.

In any case, change/add one thing at a time so you know what to undo if you end up with an ill handling car.

There's no camber/caster plates I must have missed putting that. I got camber adjustment but need caster adjustment so I'll be getting maximum Motorsports plates.

Also I'll probably be getting a Unicorn Angle kit as well in the next few months and probably up the gearing into the 5 range

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
Update! Got the cage painted using some rustoleom. came out pretty damn good I think. Should be pretty easy to touch up also. I'll have some YouTube videos up soon.
jpnBECN.jpg

Also a buddy of mine surprised me by shooting me a rough draft design idea. Super stoked on it. I'm thinking of having a paisley design flowing and tearing away with the las vegas strip and it having #VegasStrong over the top with sponsor logos down the side. What does everyone think?
yk5HKJj.png

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
Cool ass build man. I love that you are taking a car that probably would have been scraped and making it a race car. I'm not big on the paisley thing, but you're the only one who has to like it.

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
Ahhhh, i didnt know you went out to drift with the lone star peeps! Good to see some stang rep. Lol

So i saw your s13 on youtube and see you are used to driftin with turbo. I go back to what i said before and break the mold some and go turbo mustang. :)

Cant wait to see some mustang drift footage. Good luck out there.

P.s. Going the youtube route is good, but i dunno what was up with your camera mic. It sounded like a fisher price one. ;)

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
The part where you were sanding, "the look", and crawling into and out of the back was hilarious.

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
Ahhhh, i didnt know you went out to drift with the lone star peeps! Good to see some stang rep. Lol

So i saw your s13 on youtube and see you are used to driftin with turbo. I go back to what i said before and break the mold some and go turbo mustang. :)

Cant wait to see some mustang drift footage. Good luck out there.

P.s. Going the youtube route is good, but i dunno what was up with your camera mic. It sounded like a fisher price one. ;)

I've haven't been with the lone star guys yet! you might be thinking of Kody. He has an 05 that looks just like mine. He's out in texas.
All I have is a gopro hero 4 and I shot it in the wrong setting lol. I wanted to mess around with 4k but I didn't notice it was shooting at only 14fps. As for the mic i'm looking at getting a boom mic that attaches to it. Hopefully it'll improve it.

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
The part where you were sanding, "the look", and crawling into and out of the back was hilarious.

Haha!! Glad you enjoyed it. I've haven't really filmed much but, I didn't think being boring working on a car would be much of a fun video to watch

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
So i'll have the actual painting video up probably next Wednesday and up next week is to ge tall my suspension components on so I can get her back onto the ground. Also will be looking at some sparco seats from a co worker

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
Threw up the second part of actually painting the cage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GufD8V49OXI

Has anyone removed all of the a/c system in one of these? Planning on doing it soon, I see that some lines run around or to the back of the block. I'm curious if anything needs to be plugged for the car to run

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back