Steeda's New S197 Jacking Rails - Now Available (Bolt-in Design)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
So what I am seeing says to me that "jacking rails" is the new code word for bolt in subframe connectors. Because that is exactly what they look like.

In short, kind of - the jacking rails do not offer as much reduction in chassis flex.

TJ

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
So what I am seeing says to me that "jacking rails" is the new code word for bolt in subframe connectors. Because that is exactly what they look like.

Exactly. But Mustangs no longer need subframe connectors and any claims by vendors of offering improved stiffness with their subframe connectors would be quickly proven false. On the other hand steople are pupid and many mustang owners still want to buy subframe connectors because that's what they have always done.

Hence the new product called 'jacking rails' which is $120 for a couple pieces of angle iron with a couple bolt holes drilled in them. And people buy them.

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
And the feedback from our customers is they are very happy with the product & the solution we offered:

Makes jacking the car so so easy.. Can't be noticed at all..very well hidden on the GT350

This was exactly what I was looking for. They fit perfect and the ease of jacking up the car is wonderful. Used jack stands to replace rocker panels on my 2015 and had no worries.

Jacking Rails... Awesome! Another great product by Steeda.
So far i've done all mod work to my 2010 GT myself, in my garage, and on jack stands. I was looking for a way to save physical abuse to the pinch welds. I was watching Mustang Lifestyle on YouTube and saw them put Steeda bolt-on jacking rails on an S550 Mustang. Awesome! I was happy to see Steeda created some for the S197. When I saw they were available, I order them. Installation was easy. Being from Minnesota (my Mustang sits undercover during the winter months), the back two holes had a bit of crud and surface rust in them. To clean out the two 15mm bolt holes, I used a slightly undersized imperial tap and WD40 to clean the threads (tap, rinse, repeat). Job done! Now I am chomping at the bit to go out for a ride, but I will have to wait for the snow to melt and the salt to be washed away. Back to the S197 Jacking Rails... Awesome! Another great product by Steeda.

Etc.

TJ

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
So let me make sure about 1 thing. The rear threaded holes have nothing in them, correct? My car is 9 years old. Do I need to worry about them being rusted/clogged up? By any chance would you know what size tap I could use to run through those threads to clean them up?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Hey Gabe, how difficult was the install on these? I tried Youtube but the only thing I can find is 15 and up Mustang installs. What tools did you need besides wrench/socket and jack/jack stands obviously? Thanks in advance

A large pry bar, an impact gun and 2 sockets is what I used to install these things. Easy install.

So let me make sure about 1 thing. The rear threaded holes have nothing in them, correct? My car is 9 years old. Do I need to worry about them being rusted/clogged up? By any chance would you know what size tap I could use to run through those threads to clean them up?

Car is almost 5 years old ( picked it up August 11th, 2012), and I had one of those rear holes giving me an attitude, some rust was in there, almost cross threaded the bolt. Bit I didn't clean it first, should have.

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score

My 06 has less than 40k miles so I can't be the most rusted stang in the lot. However, that bolt hole wasn't a problem for me.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And people buy them.

And I am sure they are happy with their purchase. I certainly don't begrudge Steeda offering a product and making money. That's business. But I don't get this product, personally. I always jack on the existing front subframe or the rear suspension pickup point and have done so on dozens of cars since I was 16. I have never had a problem.

I have used and will use Steeda stuff. Their fiberglass parts are top shelf (used a hood and a wing) and the Tri-Ax I had on my T5 back in the day was flawless. My recent acquisition of a '93 GT has a Tri-Ax too. As was the clutch quadrant kit. I don't have a bad thing to say about Steeda. The one problem I had they fixed without issue. So my experience on all fronts has been positive.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I can only jack my car up from the side. The car is too low to get under the front or rear even with a long handle, the throw is about 2-3 inches. These jack rails are more of a convenience since I wouldn't have to use the magnetic pinch weld pad and it can be tedious to get the jack cup to line up with it perfectly.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
I can only jack my car up from the side. The car is too low to get under the front or rear even with a long handle, the throw is about 2-3 inches. These jack rails are more of a convenience since I wouldn't have to use the magnetic pinch weld pad and it can be tedious to get the jack cup to line up with it perfectly.

^^^^^exactly

I bought the weld in Kenny Brown ones years ago but would have bought these, had they been available

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Here is an overview provided by our partner, CJ Pony Parts - that is the request we received from our customers, a quick & easy solution for jacking up their car & not having to worry about the factory pinch welds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glgKEEGLcS8

Best Regards,

TJ

buster

Reaction score
Here is an overview provided by our partner, CJ Pony Parts - that is the request we received from our customers, a quick & easy solution for jacking up their car & not having to worry about the factory pinch welds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glgKEEGLcS8

Best Regards,

TJ

Nice one, that means I can get some in the UK, cjs is one of a few suppliers that ship here.

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
That's great to hear - we also have the ability to ship to the U.K. And we have some vendors out there too that represent Steeda - either way, it all works!

Champale

forum member
Reaction score
I have them on my Boss and also on my Focus RS. If you regularly work on your car like I do, they are worth every penny and then some. No more "well my floor jack is under the pinch weld so now where do I put my jack stand?" moments. You just use one hand to guide your jack up to the rail anywhere along the side of the car and voila you have the car up in the air on one side.

I was concerned about the weight penalty but honestly they aren't that heavy.

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I have them on my Boss and also on my Focus RS. If you regularly work on your car like I do, they are worth every penny and then some. No more "well my floor jack is under the pinch weld so now where do I put my jack stand?" moments. You just use one hand to guide your jack up to the rail anywhere along the side of the car and voila you have the car up in the air on one side.

I was concerned about the weight penalty but honestly they aren't that heavy.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Could not have been said any better!

TJ

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
We have more rolling down the line!

Attachments

• IMG_7871.jpg
    IMG_7871.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 21

1BigDog

forum member
Reaction score
I bought my set when they first came out. I wanted a set because I cannot kneel and needed a safe way to jack up the car without getting too low. Shortly after I had my knee replaced so I left it packed away for 6 months, until today. Now possessing two titanium knees, I can no longer get under the car without much effort. I have to kinda get low and flip around to keep from kneeling. Once on the ground I was able to position my jack and get the car up. Once the rails are installed I will never have to do this again. Once the car was up I unbolted the front and rear chassis rail bolts. The convertible has a rear bracket as well so I had to pry both brackets from the chassis. Rails slipped in with a little gentle hammer persuasion and once lined up, removed the pry bar and bolted it down. An 24V impact driver made short work out of it. Once the first side was in I jacked up the car and moved the jacks under the new rails and lowered it down. Went to the other side and repeated it. Went in smoothly. Lowering the car was such a breeze now as I didnt have to look where I was going to position it. And I read where there were some concerns on jack positioning as the rear ones dont go all the way back. Dont worry about it. Car was very stable on the rails.

Sorry, no pics. It was just too hot and I was just too sweaty too worry about pics. However, its a great product especially for us older, less agile guys.

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I bought my set when they first came out. I wanted a set because I cannot kneel and needed a safe way to jack up the car without getting too low. Shortly after I had my knee replaced so I left it packed away for 6 months, until today. Now possessing two titanium knees, I can no longer get under the car without much effort. I have to kinda get low and flip around to keep from kneeling. Once on the ground I was able to position my jack and get the car up. Once the rails are installed I will never have to do this again. Once the car was up I unbolted the front and rear chassis rail bolts. The convertible has a rear bracket as well so I had to pry both brackets from the chassis. Rails slipped in with a little gentle hammer persuasion and once lined up, removed the pry bar and bolted it down. An 24V impact driver made short work out of it. Once the first side was in I jacked up the car and moved the jacks under the new rails and lowered it down. Went to the other side and repeated it. Went in smoothly. Lowering the car was such a breeze now as I didnt have to look where I was going to position it. And I read where there were some concerns on jack positioning as the rear ones dont go all the way back. Dont worry about it. Car was very stable on the rails.

Sorry, no pics. It was just too hot and I was just too sweaty too worry about pics. However, its a great product especially for us older, less agile guys.

Great to hear - hopefully it makes life easier down the road!

TJ

buster

Reaction score
I ordered these through Steeda UK, they turned up today.
Its a shame I've just fitted a Koni suspension kit and a load of bmr stuff as these would have been usefull. Still got loads to do under there so they'll come in handy.

IMG_0189 by andy scaife, on Flickr

Last edited:

buster

Reaction score
i tried editing the original post but it wouldnt let me. This photobucket bollox has got me struggling to find a decent host. Try again !

PIcCLiT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back