Water Trap Recommendation?

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jeremy, trust all is going well!

I am picking up my 95723 Kit this evening. For my install I would like to add a Water Trap between the tank inlet and pump. I was hoping I could position the Water Trap right next to the tank without any mounting brackets using the fittings to suspend the Water Trap given that the shipping weight of the tarps are 1 lb.

What Water Trap and fittings do you recommend that are consistent with the 11955 4 Gallon Air Tank and 16380 Compressor provided in the kit?

With your recommended Water Trap and my tank, will the center line of the end inlet of the tank provide enough vertical height to mount the trap (don't know the dimensions of the Water Trap)?

Last edited:

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Scott, glad to hear you got your kit! Personally I like to run a water trap between the compressor and the tank, then one between the tank and the manifold.

For the one between the compressor and tank.

1/4" Water trap p/n 21011 The compressor leader line will screw right into the water trap.

You will need a 1/4" by 1/4" male pipe coupler to screw into the water trap and then screw into the bushing in the tank. We do not carry this adapter, but any local hardware store would have it.

Fitting part number 21738 will go into the tank

You will need that same coupler along with 21738 to mount a water trap between the tank and manifold. PLUS 21807 to run air line from the water trap to the manifold inlet.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Count

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Scott, glad to hear you got your kit! Personally I like to run a water trap between the compressor and the tank, then one between the tank and the manifold.

1/4" Water trap p/n 21011 The compressor leader line will screw right into the water trap.

You will need a 1/4" by 1/4" male pipe coupler to screw into the water trap and then screw into the bushing in the tank. We do not carry this adapter, but any local hardware store would have it.

You will need that same coupler along with 21738 to mount a water trap between the tank and manifold. PLUS 21807 to run air line from the water trap to the manifold inlet.

Jeremy,

I also picked up the 95723 kit and I'm also looking to add the traps.

What I got from your post is that I will need the following:

2 1/4" SMC Water Trap (21011)
2 1/4 by 1/4 male couplings
1 Bushing - 3/8" MNPT x 1/4" FNPT (21738)
1 Straight - Male 1/4" NPT x 1/4" Tube (21807)

Can you confirm? I'd like to make sure I have all I need before the install.

Last edited:

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
Jeremy,

I also picked up the 95723 kit and I'm also looking to add the traps.

What I got from your post is that I will need the following:

2 1/4" SMC Water Trap (21011)
2 1/4 by 1/4 male couplings
1 Bushing - 3/8" MNPT x 1/4" FNPT (21738)
1 Straight - Male 1/4" NPT x 1/4" Tube (21807)

Can you confirm? I'd like to make sure I have all I need before the install.

Congrats on the kit Count! Yes this should be everything you need to install water traps into the system. Let me know if you need anything at all and be sure to post some pics of your car when it is finished!

Count

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the kit Count! Yes this should be everything you need to install water traps into the system. Let me know if you need anything at all and be sure to post some pics of your car when it is finished!

Thanks Jeremy. I just ordered the parts.

junkyard08

forum member
Reaction score

Will the trap p/n 21011 that screws directly into the compressor leader work with the smc check valve instead of the viar one?

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Will the trap p/n 21011 that screws directly into the compressor leader work with the smc check valve instead of the viar one?

The Viair check valve on the leader hose has a 1/4 Male NPT thread and screws directly into the SMC 21011 water trap. So as long as the SMC check valve on your leader house is 1/4 NPT Male it should work fine.

Perhaps Jeremy will confirm?

This shows the 1/4 NPT Male couplings I used between the water traps and the 1/4 Female NPT fittings on my tank.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back