Maryland checking in

ESP41

Reaction score
I Autocross and run ProSolos with my 07 Shelby. This is my 2nd 07 Shelby. I campaigned my 1st one for 4 years in Stock class. I rally liked driving the car and did well with it. I sold it an moved on to other cars. I missed it, so I bought another one. This one I am taking into Street Prepared class trim and may also run it in CAM class. It’s going to be fun trying to keep up with the 5.0.

I looked around for a forum of Mustang gear heads and liked what I saw here, so here I am

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Greetings/welcome from East-Central NE...sit down, log-in & enjoy the ride!!!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

What color combo is the Shelby? What mods done to it?
Got a picture of it?

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome!

There are a few of us that autoX in the DMV area, mostly with recreational clubs and some with SCCA. Check out the Corner Carvers section.

ESP41

Reaction score
No pics as I have not taken the time to work out a new third party host since Photobucket went full stupid. Both cars are 2007. Current car is white. The old car was black and took my friend to three National Championships (I did manage to trophy).
The rule set wont allow me to add too many modsr so I am going with bolt ons for now. Long tubes, lightweight flywheel, centerforce clutch, CAI, Lightweight underdrive crank pulley, and tune are the highlights.
Suspension is close enough with a diff, watts link, 315 Hoosiers and Konis. The Konis will likely be replaced coilovers when the right deal shows up.
I have a local friend who is going to do his 4.6 engine to the rule limit (bored up to .40 over, port match one inch in, FRP intake, and injectors. Then we are going to test my stock bottom end with bolt ons and compare to his build.
Eventually our goal is to put the 4.6 back on the autocross map. The 5.0 cars have lots more power, but we have always found the S197 to be easier to drive. If our plan fails, then we add blowers and go into CAM classes. :)

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I am from MD also. I just sold my car, but I still hang out here because its way better than most other forums.

Tech here is top notch and most of the S197 kiddies stick to the facebook page.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back