Skwerl's New Hot Rod part 2

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Paint it Highland Green and throw some Bullitt rims on that sucker. Maybe that'll help. Every time I think about throwing a blower on mine, I think about what happened to yours. I know I'd wrap it around a telephone pole eventually.

I know what you mean about your comfort zone. Looking at buying a house at 47 years old and my zone is gonna shrink.

Don't forget... his was not just a blower bolt on, that car was making north of 600 whp from what I remember (without looking).

A basic blower on the Bullitt is a good thing! Bone Stock M90:

attachment.php

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Lately I've been thinking the same thing, and I think I know what's causing it. We've both become those old dudes that we used to make fun of, you know, the ones that complained about exhaust that's too loud, cars too low to easily get in and out of, uncomfortable seats, etc. LOL

I have been thinking about selling my Bullitt to upgrade into a GT350. I want one of those really bad. But I think what Skewl is trying to say is that he doesn't have enough of a connection with the new car. That's probably why I have not sold mine yet.... other than the price of a new one. Yikes.

I think Skwerl and I are on the same page. I LOVE the idea of an old late 60's muscle car, but I have neither the time or patience to deal with the upkeep. The Bullitt has just enough muscle car soul that I feel like I have a classic muscle car, while still getting the new car amenities. It's just rough enough around the edges and square in body lines to make it feel like a hot rod. Even the seats and gauges have that feel. I think if I went to the GT350 I might be disappointed in some ways that the car is almost.... too good.... if there is such a thing. Hard to explain, but I am still fighting to fend off the want of the 350.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
But I think what Skewl is trying to say is that he doesn't have enough of a connection with the new car.

That was why I sold my '05 a couple years back. Great car. Just never made a connection to it. You know like that girl you think is super cute that all the guys want to date. Well you date her and could care less about her after a short while. Same thing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back