Bows

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Any shoot for fun or hunt? I saw the Deer thread, but I am a noob at hunting and guns make me nervous.

I just picked up a Mission Blaze and shot it for 3 hours just to fine tune it. Got really hooked and want to go shoot some more badly.

Been looking at targets for my backyard and have been referred to the yellow jacket line from a friend.

balls8302

Reaction score
i was, at one point, real big into shooting. i have an athens accomplice 34. bow hunting wasn't number one priority as i really enjoyed shooting in 3d tournaments. got to the point where i was shooting 2-40 target courses every weekend for a couple of summers. even qualified and competed in the world championships back in like 09 or 10. shot in indoor spot leagues and finished 1st in team divisions 3 winters straight. shooting outside is way more fun tho. 3d is life size foam targets with scoring rings and shots are from varying distances. check out the forums at archerytalk.com and if you think a 3d shoot would be fun to try, check out 3dshoots.com practice practice practice and have fun! im hoping to get back into shooting sometime towards the end of this summer.

edit: i usually just used big bag type targets for my backyard shooting. my dad is still heavily involved with archery and has a few Mckenzie & Rinehart 3d targets, also a spyderweb box set up in his garage

Last edited:

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
i was, at one point, real big into shooting. i have an athens accomplice 34. bow hunting wasn't number one priority as i really enjoyed shooting in 3d tournaments. got to the point where i was shooting 2-40 target courses every weekend for a couple of summers. even qualified and competed in the world championships back in like 09 or 10. shot in indoor spot leagues and finished 1st in team divisions 3 winters straight. shooting outside is way more fun tho. 3d is life size foam targets with scoring rings and shots are from varying distances. check out the forums at archerytalk.com and if you think a 3d shoot would be fun to try, check out 3dshoots.com practice practice practice and have fun! im hoping to get back into shooting sometime towards the end of this summer.

edit: i usually just used big bag type targets for my backyard shooting. my dad is still heavily involved with archery and has a few Mckenzie & Rinehart 3d targets, also a spyderweb box set up in his garage

Dont think I will get into the competition part of it.

Checked out AT and thats a big site. Thanks for the tip.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
I'm just getting into bow hunting. I've been practicing out on my land trying to get my shots down. I'm really looking forward to this season.

Last edited:

Will51

forum member
Reaction score
Kicking this thread back up from the dead, one of my hobbies is archery. I'm not really big into it, I have never bow hunted (I have hunted with firearms), but I do enjoy casual shooting, my wife and I usually target shoot together. I have a PSE Brute Force ready to shoot and she has a BAER Apprentice 2.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back