How to install Subs in 2015 Ecoboost Mustang?

Ecoboost15

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know if someone is able to install subs in the 15 mustang? I am curious because Ford designed the car to play the sound of an engine through the speakers to make it sound mean and not just a 4 cylinder turbo car. I am not sure if there is a wire to cut to disable this or how to bypass this setup so the sound would not be played through the subs.

I have tried to look for youtube videos but have not had any luck at finding anyone who has done this. Any ideas?

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
ford had to play a sound of an engine through the speakers to make the car sound good?! good grief :shakehead:

5.ohmygod

Reaction score
Maybe the subs will make it sound like it's got an aftermarket exhaust.

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
No i dont but i did recently come across a youtube vid that says the sound can be disabled from the fuse box, fuse number 27 if i remember correctly. so you may be able to pop the fuse out then install your system without worrying about the sound coming through.

Ryan Moore

Reaction score
Make sure that you put in two 15's so that the bass will be nice and deep and then the exhaust can be heard really good outside. I did this once and the bass was so amazing that whenever I played the intro for "Hot for the Teacher", it almost sounded like a car that was all cammed out big time!
Listen to the first 20 seconds of the song.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Make sure that you put in two 15's so that the bass will be nice and deep and then the exhaust can be heard really good outside. I did this once and the bass was so amazing that whenever I played the intro for "Hot for the Teacher", it almost sounded like a car that was all cammed out big time!
Listen to the first 20 seconds of the song.
first post in a 3 yr old thread?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back