2008Bullitt Build

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Take your time, un-screw bolts slowly/tighten bolts per recommended ftlbs, and make sure you account for all your tools before you start the car. Lol

2008bullitt

Reaction score
With the exception of getting hung up on the heater hose, this went super well. If anyone has any questions about pulling a motor, please don't hesitate to PM me. Lots of learning took place. Haha.

I'll be switching everything over to the new motor and setting it in the car tonight.

Attachments

• DSCN0028.jpg
    DSCN0028.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN0031.jpg
    DSCN0031.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 34

2008bullitt

Reaction score
Looks like quite a task, lol

It was quite a task!

All in all though, it wasn't that bad.

I am so glad I waited on the LT's until it came time to swap the motor. It was a breeze sliding this thing in as a unit.

Mating up to the trans was a little bit more of an ordeal. But with one other guy helping out, it was super easy. Still took about 45 mins.

Pics or it didn't happen.....

Attachments

• DSCN0043.jpg
    DSCN0043.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN0051.jpg
    DSCN0051.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 25

2008bullitt

Reaction score
Everything is done!

The tune is scheduled for 0800 tomorrow morning. I'm taking bets on what the last dyno pull will read.

I am wet dreaming for 390.

Time will tell!

Lots of pictures and videos coming in the next two days.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
You're not getting close to 390, sorry. My first dyno run with my Bullitt was after installing an m90 blower. I made 385 with the stock 5lb pulley and VMP dyno tune.

As said before, if you want power you need to drop a blower on top. Anything else is just appearance mods.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
385 is ripping for 5. I bet I make that with 8.5 and my TVS.

2008bullitt

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've changed careers and moved across the country since the last update. I wanted to get the dyno sheets up for you all.

So the initial dyno tune went great and produced 342.4/332.5 Not bad really. But I was really looking to break the 350/340 mark.

As I drove the car and racked up 30ish miles, it would throw a p022 code. I replaced the VCT solenoids, no luck. Couldn't find any other things wrong with it and I decided the best bet was to go with lock outs, per the recommendations of several different people.

I had a local shop put in the lock outs because I was in the process of moving and the car got dyno tuned again. This second dyno tune produced the 352.3/339.1.

While at that shop the car got backed into a pole so I had to go get the bumper repainted. The shop cut me a check for it and all is well. Car has had 500+ miles on it since the lock outs and it is running great.

It was way too loud on the highway. I couldn't stand the drone. So I put the factory Bullitt mufflers back on.

Full Kooks cat back for sale if anyone is interested ;-)

Attachments

• Pre lock out dyno.pdf
    757.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Post lock out dyno.pdf
    763 KB · Views: 4

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
JD,

Keep your Kooks LT headers and simply install a set of Borla (Touring) mufflers/ axle-backs.

There will be No-Drone and yet they sound great under power.

Plus you will also get the added benefit of the LT Kook's headers.

Terry

2008bullitt

Reaction score
JD,

Keep your Kooks LT headers and simply install a set of Borla (Touring) mufflers/ axle-backs.

There will be No-Drone and yet they sound great under power.

Plus you will also get the added benefit of the LT Kook's headers.

Terry

I am leaving the Kooks LT's on. It was the Kooks cat back system I was going to get rid of.

Attachments

• 20160328_223220.jpg
    20160328_223220.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 16

CragarSE

Piper
Reaction score
Primer for Aluminum

Here is some high quality etching primer you can purchase online. It's aviation quality and I used it on my valve covers with preparation work using a 3M pad. Ford blue with clear coat. Do not sandblast the valve covers. I have a blast cabinet and was tempted to use it.

Attachments

• IMG_1753.jpg
    IMG_1753.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1690.jpg
    IMG_1690.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Hey man, great job on the motor swap. I am also curious about the reason for the motor swap. Did you just not want the miles/hours on the original motor so you could put it back in for resale later? The Bullet is an awesome ride.

2008bullitt

Reaction score
Hey man, great job on the motor swap. I am also curious about the reason for the motor swap. Did you just not want the miles/hours on the original motor so you could put it back in for resale later? The Bullet is an awesome ride.

I've been MIA for awhile!

This motor was rebuilt with forged internals and flat top pistons in order to up compression and handle future nitro applications. The new motor overpowered the factory clutch immediately. But once that was switched out for a stage II it has been solid. The car is a real pleasure to drive.

I still have the original motor in the garage wrapped up in plastic on a stand. I want to be able to take the car back to stock if need be.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

This motor was rebuilt with forged internals and flat top pistons in order to up compression and handle future nitro applications. The new motor overpowered the factory clutch immediately. But once that was switched out for a stage II it has been solid. The car is a real pleasure to drive.

I still have the original motor in the garage wrapped up in plastic on a stand. I want to be able to take the car back to stock if need be.

JD,

Well welcome back to S-197.
icon14.gif

Another Bullitt Mustang fellow.

Terry

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score

So you purchased a factory 3V motor, put in forged internals, and added long tubes. That's it? And made 350whp? That's pretty damn impressive. I added forged internals and longtubes on my stock motor and only managed 300whp/330ft-lbs and I thought that was good.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back