New Wheels

whitecomet3.7

Reaction score
I'm looking to get new wheels and would like opinions I'm trying to get wheels and tires for under 1600$ I was thinking AMR but do not know if I should stick with 18's or go bigger

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 23

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I would not recommend AM/AMR wheels.. There have been several complaints on some of the other Mustang forums about poor quality in addition to wheels being out of round..

IMHO I would stick with name brand wheels such as Forgestar, Velgen, HRE, Niche, Ford Racing, Roush and Steeda..

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Where are you located?
I have a set of charcoal 18x10 AMR's I might be selling

Racnguy

Reaction score
I have a brand new AMR wheel and tire package for sale. 8.5 x 20 fronts 10 x 20 rears charcoal with the Sumitomo HtrzIII 255-35-20 front. 285-30-20 rears. Literally 5 miles on these. I put them on my Saleen and look really cool but I liked the Saleen look better. Just paid $1400 for these. $1200 will buy them.. I can send photos. Thanks

46addict

Reaction score
I would not recommend AM/AMR wheels.. There have been several complaints on some of the other Mustang forums about poor quality in addition to wheels being out of round..

IMHO I would stick with name brand wheels such as Forgestar, Velgen, HRE, Niche, Ford Racing, Roush and Steeda..

What about the AM- black saleens? Any bad experiences?

I have the AM 7 spoke silver saleens and one of the wheels took 4 ounces of weight to balance. A Tirerack article mentions adding no more than 1% of total wheel & tire weight to balance the wheel which makes 7.5-8 ounces the acceptable limit. As the tire wore I have a steering wheel vibration that developed and I'll need to get the wheels balanced again. Jury is out on the trueness of the wheel but any issues are probably from me driving on it. I wouldn't write off AM wheels just yet.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back