Fuel mileage ?s.

L454S

Retired Wrench
Reaction score
V6

Depends how slow you want to go. Am pretty sure I could get close to 35 if I wanted to go 50 or 55mph. My 32 average(hand calculated) over a couple long road trips was at 70mph.

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
The female has one. Even with me driving, seeing about 28-30 MPG. also, intake, tune and exhaust. She's got it on some 20in Bullets. ran a 13.7 in the 1/4 in March. That car will zoom. Oh, and that's just with 2.73's in the rear! yes, two.73's!!!!

My car on the other hand, gets about 8-10 in the city. 13-15 on the hwy.

TheRookie65

Reaction score
The female has one. Even with me driving, seeing about 28-30 MPG. also, intake, tune and exhaust. She's got it on some 20in Bullets. ran a 13.7 in the 1/4 in March. That car will zoom. Oh, and that's just with 2.73's in the rear! yes, two.73's!!!!

My car on the other hand, gets about 8-10 in the city. 13-15 on the hwy.

Same here brother..... gotta love it!!!!!

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to update this after the trip from South Jersey to Hudson, FL and back. :beerdrink:

Paste from a thread I have on BadPonyClub.com:

She performed flawlessly! Amazing car to cruise in. Made the 18hr trip in 14 +/- hrs and, with the exception of being dog tired, we're pretty well off. Dad with his bad back, 2 replaced hips, etc was even saying how much he liked the 6'er.

We left around 6pm Wednesday night and got there around 10am Thursday morning. (didn't count gas / food stops in the travel time) We kept the speed about 9 over and hit almost no traffic the entire way down.. so figure speeds to be anywhere from 74 - 84mph with the AC going the whole time. We filled up as we needed to stop and so sometimes she was at 1/2, sometimes just above 1/4.

(manually calculated)
- Tank 1 - 33.7 mpg (from Pedricktown to just south of Richmond)
- Tank 2 - 33.5 mpg (to St. George SC)
- Tank 3 - 32.4 mpg (to Brooksville, FL)

After this the ability to only find 10% ethanol fuel combined with RETARDED traffic and some spirited driving
14.gif
in FL really started screwing up our mpg.

- Tank 4 - 27.7 mpg 10% ethanol (From Brooksville FL and all around Hudson / Tampa FL)
- Tank 5 - 28.3 mpg 10% ethanol (Remainder of city driving and starting to trek back across FL)

Started heading North to Summerville, SC to visit some friends Friday and started heading home Sunday morning.

- Tank 6 - 29.7 mpg (Ocala, FL - Benson, NC) ..hit a 1.5hr traffic stoppage just north of Jackson.. like park your car and get out.. a Ryder truck was in a massive accident less then 500' in front of us, the cab was missing and we couldn't find it.. enter airlift evac.. it was BAD.
- Tank 7 - 30.2 mpg (Benson, NC to Joppa, MD) ..4.5 hr traffic jam from Richmond to just south of DC.. once it cleared I set the cruise around 100mph till I was well north of Baltimore..
aktion028.gif

She's still on the Full mark of that last tank.. :beerchug2:

RickG9

Reaction score
(manually calculated)
- Tank 1 - 33.7 mpg (from Pedricktown to just south of Richmond)
- Tank 2 - 33.5 mpg (to St. George SC)
- Tank 3 - 32.4 mpg (to Brooksville, FL)

After this the ability to only find 10% ethanol fuel .....

- Tank 4 - 27.7 mpg 10% ethanol (From Brooksville FL and all around Hudson / Tampa FL)
- Tank 5 - 28.3 mpg 10% ethanol (Remainder of city driving and starting to trek back across FL)

Oooooh, that explains why I always see mpg numbers higher than what I get, I thought everyone was stuck using E10 :dunce:

If I could get real gas, with no ethanol in it, I'd probably be getting 28-30 hwy mpg too. As it is, I can squeak out 28 with my 4.0 if I turn off the a/c and set the cruise below 65. So much for Bush's notion that we can add ethanol to the gas to reduce oil consumption. Between the lower mpg plus the amount of fossil fuel used to create the ethanol we're probably not saving a drop of oil! :rant:

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Dude the 11 v6 is the perfect DD I will definitely agree. My little sister just turned 16 and my dad got her one and I have been driving it around for the last 2 weeks. I haven't even touched my car haha I honestly have liked driving the v6 much better. The gas mileage is obviously much better since mine is so modified, its muuuuch more comfortable because of my springs and also the seats in the v6 feel much softer. They're cloth. Plus that little v6 has some balls. The cluster says it's averaging 11.9 haha but we just bought it 2 weeks ago so me and my dad have been romping on it

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Put Eibach lower springs in my girl's car. Well, that thing is a rough ride now between them and the 20's with low-pro tires... So, in other words, bmaxwell, keep the stock springs if you like the comfortable ride. I will say, the car handles like a dream though!

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Put Eibach lower springs in my girl's car. Well, that thing is a rough ride now between them and the 20's with low-pro tires... So, in other words, bmaxwell, keep the stock springs if you like the comfortable ride. I will say, the car handles like a dream though!

yea for sure man, the ridiculous comfort in the sixxer compared to my GT has got me kinda wanting to do something different with the GT lol. Plus it scrapes on everything which sucks. But yea the v6 is my little sister's so I doubt anything will be modified on it but maybe wheels or something. My dad likes to mod our cars but I doubt he will mess with this since it's already potent enough for a 16 yr old girl lol

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
yea for sure man, the ridiculous comfort in the sixxer compared to my GT has got me kinda wanting to do something different with the GT lol. Plus it scrapes on everything which sucks. But yea the v6 is my little sister's so I doubt anything will be modified on it but maybe wheels or something. My dad likes to mod our cars but I doubt he will mess with this since it's already potent enough for a 16 yr old girl lol

Oh, I didn't read the 16 part. Yea, it'll be a great car for her. I've only done an intake, exhaust and tune on my chick's car. So far, she's ran a 13.7 at 101 with the factory 2.73's and some 20 inch rims I put on there. With my fat ass and a buddy in the car, I couldn't get under 14... But, this all shows the potential. Next month, we are doing AutoX in the sixxer. Should be a great time!

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Nice! I imagine my sister's has the 2.73's in it as well. It goes like 50 or so in first

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Probably so. You can check. Just look at the diff cover. Sticker will say what it has. We are looking into getting 3.55 or 3.73 for this car. Want more acceleration! lol! She hits like 125-130 in 3rd gear. Lol!

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Lol damn I know my sister's hits at least 85 in second maybe 90 but I haven't taken it as far as you guys

David Young

Reaction score
My last car was a 4 cylinder Dodge Caliber. I averaged 22 m.p.g. on the short and hilly drives i do. I average 23 m.p.g. on the same roads with my Mustang. Automatic trans, 3.31 gears and a tune.

garner

forum member
Reaction score
Nice real world numbers. I would love to get one but can't go offroading in a mustang so I'm gonna keep my truck

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back