Fuel mileage ?s.

RACE RED PONY

Reaction score
I have gotten 34.5 MPG highway in the mountains of WV just by taking it easy with the cruise on.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
V6 drivers are strange! This is TECH! LOL!

deerkorn1

Reaction score
I drive about 90 miles a day in my 3.7 auto. its about 80% highway and i'm averaging around 25mpg with the cruise set on 70mph. I've had the car about a month and it only has 2000 miles, so i'm still learning where the sweet spot is...

Higgy

forum member
Reaction score
I'm getting about 12L/100KM (24MPG) with all city driving so far. Car only has 1300KMs on it.

BlueSoulStang

forum member
Reaction score
I wish I had those numbers... I was at around 19-23 combined. I did, though... modify the shiz out of the stang...

deerkorn1

Reaction score
when I cut it back to 65 with the cruise on, I am consistently getting 27.5-28. I just turned 5k miles and i'm switching to full synthetic and hopefully this will give me a little extra. anybody notice a difference with a K&N filter or any other brand?

sarge450

Reaction score
I got 28 mpg on the way home from MW the other day. And that is with a family of four and the trunk cramed full of luggage. That is also with a 93 octane race tune and me running at a pretty good pace all the way home. Have to say pretty impressed with it.

Only got abut 18 mpg cruising myrtle though...lol. Might have had something to do with attempting to keep up the noise level with all the big motors..it didn't work. Lol

ASRoff

forum member
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my D/D 99 saturn sl1. I decided there was nothing our there that I really like. I want something totaly fun..... (im a bit weird but I prefer the 05-08 styling and interior room over the newer stangs) and ive always been a Fox body fan........so, I'm currently looking for a clean notchback 4popper and a wrecked 2011+ mustang to "meld" together..... I think a 305hp foxbody DD would be a blast. since its conciderably lighter that the current mustangs....I'm looking for 35+ mpg and hopefully sub 13 1/4 miles.......... amazing to think that a v6 has better performance, NVH, gas milage and reliablility than the old pushrod 5.0L........

ASRoff

forum member
Reaction score
just thinking about it makes me grin........ notches were 2800 and change stock with a 5.0L get rid of the cast iron pig with an aluminum engine and down 2 cylinders..... maybe another 100-120lbs right there...... plus the rest of the recipe of tubular engine cradle and control arms........maybe some coil overs..... and she will handle really well too!

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
Well ASRoff, getting the engine in could be easy with an AJE Fox-body k-member. Since they use their own motor brackets and they offer 3.7 motor brackets, why not get them and their Fox k-member and it would bolt right up. Of course getting the electronics to play nice WILL require a ton of work, but you must not be afraid. You would be better off going with manual steering (like Flaming River) so you don't have to dork around with a p/s pump (although, like the Coyote swap people find out, the electronic steering feeds info back to the pcm). Wow, see how that idea gets electronic-ugly fast?

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
just thinking about it makes me grin........ notches were 2800 and change stock with a 5.0L get rid of the cast iron pig with an aluminum engine and down 2 cylinders..... maybe another 100-120lbs right there...... plus the rest of the recipe of tubular engine cradle and control arms........maybe some coil overs..... and she will handle really well too!

That would be a fun swap. Ad a procharger and it would be shockingly fast and handle extremely well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ASRoff

forum member
Reaction score
Well ASRoff, getting the engine in could be easy with an AJE Fox-body k-member. Since they use their own motor brackets and they offer 3.7 motor brackets, why not get them and their Fox k-member and it would bolt right up. Of course getting the electronics to play nice WILL require a ton of work, but you must not be afraid. You would be better off going with manual steering (like Flaming River) so you don't have to dork around with a p/s pump (although, like the Coyote swap people find out, the electronic steering feeds info back to the pcm). Wow, see how that idea gets electronic-ugly fast?

aint skeerd.... ;)

-PmP-

forum member
Reaction score
I wish I could get higher numbers. Just bought mine this week. Been having a problem keeping my foot out of it.

jay@lrs

Official Vendor
Reaction score
My 2013 with mild bolt-on's gets anywhere from 26-30 in Texas!

applebit

Reaction score
I was looking for a replacement daily driver and ended picking up a 2013 Mustang v6 convertible automatic. I decided instead of trying to get absolute best MPG's with some fuel sipper that has no soul, get an enjoyable car that has potential for good mileage and perhaps have some fun with!

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
I was looking for a replacement daily driver and ended picking up a 2013 Mustang v6 convertible automatic. I decided instead of trying to get absolute best MPG's with some fuel sipper that has no soul, get an enjoyable car that has potential for good mileage and perhaps have some fun with!
I know the V6 is a favorite target for a lot of guys on here but a tune from MPT will make that a car you'll want to drive every day. Just don't mess with the factory cats/resonators or it sounds like ass.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back