*Official* BBQ N' Smoker thread

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Spring is coming and it's time to break out the Bbq/smoker! What's your specialty? Bbq pulled pork with homemade slaw and bbq sauce is my specialty. I want to try doing some briskets this year.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
I'm buying a smoker this year so I'm just going to experiment. I'm for sure going to try ribs and chicken.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Spring is coming and it's time to break out the Bbq/smoker! What's your specialty? Bbq pulled pork with homemade slaw and bbq sauce is my specialty. I want to try doing some briskets this year.

What does spring time have anything to do with it? hahaha
I use mine just about every weekend. Ribs, beer chicken, bbq chicken and brisket is about the only thing I ever mess with.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Keep rubbing it in with your nice weather all year! LOL. I've got an electric smoker for jerky/fish and a kamado for bbq smoking.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Keep rubbing it in with your nice weather all year! LOL. I've got an electric smoker for jerky/fish and a kamado for bbq smoking.

Hey, make a trip to Texas and we'll hit up the lake for a few hours and then grub on some dry rubbed ribs!

I have an electric smoker for jerky as well. I think I have only used it 4-5 times. I have never used it for fish though. I usually put fish on a wood plank if I'm going to smoke it.

Most of the fish I eat goes in a deep fryer.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
If I do fish, its just smoked, not cooked with a hint of smoke from the plank. My grandpa ran his own smoked fish shop for a long time.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I like eating smoked fish, but I hardly ever go to the coast anymore to catch them (to long of a drive for me). I don't eat bass, so its either catfish or crappie from the lake.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Luckily I have lake Michigan close by so I do a lot of smoked salmon and steelhead.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Lol, I need to pick up some meat for some jerky soon. Doing some pulled pork next week.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
As for lump charcoal, what's your choice? I've been using royal oak and it seems to be pretty good.

bigmike06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I use my BBQ and Traeger Smoker all year as well, and good luck topping our bad weather in Alberta here. Has nothing to do with nice weather LOL. Gonna do some ribs and lobster tails this weekend. Real hard to get fresh fish here though, although a trip for some halibut to smoke is worth it from time to time.

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
Bbq'n is a all year thing for us. I think it's time to have another cookout with all this talk. Just to make everybody a little hungrier
BF927264-17C9-45C9-9184-A19B320F090F-4545-0000060D430772D2.jpg

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of royal oak lump too, the others I've tried make it seem like the 4th of July in my chimney starter.
I do them ribs pretty good! But still working on refining technique and rub for the charcoal grill, it's an art getting the smoke correct with my 18" weber

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Lol those ribs look good! Bbq is seasonal here because standing in snow for 10 hours isn't fun and its harder to maintain temp with snow and wind. I bought a nice temp controller setup to try next time.

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Too funny Kimmer I just prepped 6 racks of baby backs to smoke up tomorrow morning for some friends. I am driving from Philly out to Indiana PA. I am going to smoke them here wrap tight in foil then in towels and then into the cooler. will still be hot when i get there for the guys to eat... Ill post some pics when I get a chance. Like Torched said its an all year thing I shovel a path from my back door to the smoker and fire that bitch up lol

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh and beer keeps you warm for those long winter smoke sessions... Lots of beer

Last edited:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Lol, the beer is what gets me in more trouble than the cold... I can probably do it in the winter now with the kamado but my thin metal wood bbq just lost way too muxh heat and ate wood/charcoal faster than I could feed it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back