Looking for a shop in Texas that does good Mod Motor block work.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Need a short block honed, main and rod bearing clearances checked, crank polished, ect. I live in Nacogdoches. That's East Texas, couple hours north of Houston 3 south of the big D, 1.5h West of Shreveport.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Ray Engine in Tyler, they do all my work and are fast. The owner, Charlie, is the most honest man you will ever meet.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ray Engine in Tyler, they do all my work and are fast. The owner, Charlie, is the most honest man you will ever meet.
Thank you! That's the second reference to Ray Engine I have gotten. So that is looking good. I am going to see if he can install these aftermarket cam bearings. Will post what I am talking about here in a second.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Called in a 7:30 this morning and spoke with Charlie. Wow you are right. Super nice guy and gave me some awesome information. I posted this in my other thread but for reference to anyone looking for machine shop work in East Texas.....this is the place. If you have specifically trashed your cam journals like I have they can give you some advice or refer you to a guy that specializes in fitting precise, small, line boring needed to fit bearings into OHC heads.

I wrote down that shops info (OHC head guy) but left it at home. Will update when I get off work for others in the future that might need help.

The info on Ray Engine is:
626 Negem Dr, Tyler Tx 75702
Hours 7:30am to 5:30pm
Phone: 903-531-2336

The info on the OHC Head place
(will get after work)

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back