2008 "tigermachine II" Bullitt Mustang build, Pics & Video on Post #518 ...

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Man, I hope he gets his asking price !!!!!

GLWS Terry

giphy.gif

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If the internet didn't exist, he might have a shot.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
$83K... yikes.

Yeah, thats pretty optomistic. Obviously I like Mustangs but if I'm spending 80k on a car, its not going to be a Mustang. On the other hand, he's easily got 150k in the car and I bet if every penny was added up it would be more like 200k.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Speaking of, GATEWAY CLASSIC CARS in Nashville, TN.

Guys,

I just got home from KY. early AM this morning.
I attended a Vietnam Veteran Day event in Washington DC yesterday with my Niece's Husband.
He works for Toyota in Georgetown, KY. and Toyota was sponsoring the event for Vietnam Veterans.
So, Darren had the opportunity to invite me to attend the event since I am his Uncle through marriage.
It was a Full-Day of events and was for sure well worth attending.

I just turned on the computer and saw that, GATEWAY CLASSIC CARS in Nashville, TN. now has the Full-Blown-Ad up for my Bullitt Mustang.
It includes, full assortment of pictures, video and the Write-up.
So, if your interested below is the link to the completed Ad.

I think some of you that have the Higher-End-Mustangs or for that matter Cars might like seeing what they actually do.
Especially if you prefer NOT to have to deal with individuals (Tire-Kickers) yourselves.

Click on Link below,
http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/nashville/2008/ford/mustang-S608.html

Terry

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Probably won't even sell at half that price, but good luck either way!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well my man there's one thing for sure the way I see it from my end.
If a person does not even try then, "Shame-on-Them" !!!

Terry

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I called and offered them tree fiddy for the car. :cheers:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have they gotten any bites ?
Jim,

I have not heard anything from Gateway and I doubt I will until they get a legit offer.

I probably won't bother contacting them from this end simply because if anything serious was going on they would be contacting me.

The reason I did decide to go with Gateway they cover a Wide Market Place ...... World-Wide.

So if there just happens to be that 1-person out in the world that wants something different and money is no object.

I might just then luck out and it go to it's new home somewhere in the world.

I called and offered them tree fiddy for the car. :cheers:
Dave,

Your way-way-way to generous Dawg

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ricky,
I did see this but was not really sure what exactly you meant by it so passed on responding.

If you have a serious question you should know by now I'll answer it or them in a truthful manner.

I assume (hope) that auction company does the listing for free? Only charge a fee on an actual sale, correct?
Ricky,

That's correct ..............

See line #8 below:

Terry

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, but there is actually a market for people that want super-clean, well-built, turn key 1000 horsepower Mustangs. Some of those people realize you're not going to be able to do that for the price of a new 5.0. You're apparently not one of them.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, but there is actually a market for people that want super-clean, well-built, turn key 1000 horsepower Mustangs. Some of those people realize you're not going to be able to do that for the price of a new 5.0. You're apparently not one of them.

Ron! How have you been? Still have the mustang?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post

Some of this post content is NOT meant to you OP (Ron) just general conversation buddy,

Well as I have said a few times I'm at least going to give this a try with Gateway.
If it simply does not move/sell then obviously it will get Reduced in asking price then by {Me}.
Thank-Goodness I have a lot of months before I have to give in and Drop-the-Bottom out of it to get it gone.

Guys, let me just say something here in the open to any of you actually interested.
All of you should be hoping like hell that there is 1-person in this World that will pay the asking price for the Mustang of mine.
Why would any of you want me to take a freaking beating worse than I'm going to right now if it sold.
I guess I'll just never understand why people seem to get such joy out of seeing another person that has bent over being as nice as Humanly possible to all of you.
That even includes the ones of you that have ran my butt down constantly on this site in the last years.

Have some feelings guys for others you might just find out that one sunny day your butt is exactly in that other fellow's shoes on your end.

I can assure you the Bullitt Mustang will be Sold for some dollar amount and if NOT I'll give it to a person of my choice, FREE.

I think I have gotten old as it just sometimes does get next to me the Damn Cruelty of people to others they don't even know and never ever met in person.

Peace ..........

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Some of this post content is NOT meant to you OP (Ron) just general conversation buddy,

Well as I have said a few times I'm at least going to give this a try with Gateway.
If it simply does not move/sell then obviously it will get Reduced in asking price then by {Me}.
Thank-Goodness I have a lot of months before I have to give in and Drop-the-Bottom out of it to get it gone.

Guys, let me just say something here in the open to any of you actually interested.
All of you should be hoping like hell that there is 1-person in this World that will pay the asking price for the Mustang of mine.
Why would any of you want me to take a freaking beating worse than I'm going to right now if it sold.
I guess I'll just never understand why people seem to get such joy out of seeing another person that has bent over being as nice as Humanly possible to all of you.
That even includes the ones of you that have ran my butt down constantly on this site in the last years.

Have some feelings guys for others you might just find out that one sunny day your butt is exactly in that other fellow's shoes on your end.

I can assure you the Bullitt Mustang will be Sold for some dollar amount and if NOT I'll give it to a person of my choice, FREE.

I think I have gotten old as it just sometimes does get next to me the Damn Cruelty of people to others they don't even know and never ever met in person.

Peace ..........

I hope you do get your asking price. I’m sure what your asking is less then what you have into the car. I know I’ll never get out of my car what I have in it money wise. The value of the car for me comes from the fun I’ve had building it and driving it.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Tiger

I don't think it is about animosity as much as a knowledge of what your car is and what it is competing against just in the market place. You asking considerably more than a very clean 13 or 14 GT500, which i think would be your natural competition at your price point. Any modified 3 valve is going to have a tough time comparing to those. The problem being that a 3 valve will never retain value like a 13 or 14 GT500.

I know what I have spent on my 3 valve, and it does make you feel ill when you contemplate the ass kicking. Hope you find the one guy who agrees with you.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hope you do get your asking price. I’m sure what your asking is less then what you have into the car. I know I’ll never get out of my car what I have in it money wise. The value of the car for me comes from the fun I’ve had building it and driving it.
We are on the exact same page and line of thinking.
Hopefully your one of the people on here that when I say something you know it is what I really think that I'm not just blowing smoke.
In my case with mine I did exactly (Everything) I could think of on it along with additional insight from, Brenspeed & DBR Performance.
So, I'm making an attempt here to simply say I had my time with it and it to me is truly a one of a kind machine.
But, No-Dumb-Ass here it will bring what it brings and in my case thank goodness I can live with whatever that final number turns out to be.
No-Regrets or Worries from this fellow I had my fun with it for over 9-yrs.
Time for another (IMHO) lucky person to further enjoy it for hopefully years and years.
It is now as perfect as it possibly can be with everything working exactly as it should.

weather man;Hey Tiger

I don't think it is about animosity as much as a knowledge of what your car is and what it is competing against just in the market place. You asking considerably more than a very clean 13 or 14 GT500, which i think would be your natural competition at your price point. Any modified 3 valve is going to have a tough time comparing to those. The problem being that a 3 valve will never retain value like a 13 or 14 GT500.

I know what I have spent on my 3 valve, and it does make you feel ill when you contemplate the ass kicking. Hope you find the one guy who agrees with you.

Believe me No-Offense taken from you at all on this end as I understand exactly what your saying.
I'm I suppose hoping there just might, possibly be, that 1-person out there that sees it and says, I want that doggone Bullitt Mustang, How-Much-Gateway ???

Then Gateway will call me and say we now have a Legit offer and your Check from us will be .........
You in Terry ???
I'm 99% sure I'll be in and the Bullitt Mustang will be either driven from Gateway in Nashville, TN. or Shipped by them to that New-Super-Happy owner as it should be.

T.

Last edited:

WARstang

forum member
Reaction score
I hope you get it sold Terry. It's a nice machine. There's always a buyer and I'm sure you'll find one. I would love to own it, but two little girls say otherwise. Good luck

Also, people who haven't built a car or two, fail to understand how hard and expensive it is to finish that final 10% off a build. It's the hardest part and most of the time it's never done and far from perfect. I believe you have finished the job and that hold a lot of value in my book.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back