What have you done to your house today

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got the yard dethatched. Perfect weather, but now my eyes and nose are full of dust.

DSCN1091%20Large_zpslyojrqbm.jpg

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
^looks good!

We got the majority of our stuff moved over from our apartment yesterday. We weren't able to go get our new fridge, washer and dryer yet because our builder fucked up yet again. We had to wait another 3 hours after closing to receive our keys because the inspector wouldn't grant a Cirtificate of Occupancy due to the fact that the yard wasn't graded.

Movers will be here soon with the rest of our stuff.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
^looks good!

We got the majority of our stuff moved over from our apartment yesterday. We weren't able to go get our new fridge, washer and dryer yet because our builder fucked up yet again. We had to wait another 3 hours after closing to receive our keys because the inspector wouldn't grant a Cirtificate of Occupancy due to the fact that the yard wasn't graded.

Cool, at least you are finally moving in! Congrats on that! :rockit:

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Cool, at least you are finally moving in! Congrats on that! :rockit:

Thanks, Shaggy!

We're making progress. Almost the entire first floor is unpacked and put away, and our master bedroom and bathroom are too. I moved in and installed our new fridge last night. The thing has a freaking touch screen display. I also just went and picked up our new washer and dryer, and am not looking forward to hauling them upstairs to the laundry room.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
So, the front is mostly done. I am having my stonework guy come out and do some more stuff in a few days, I'll update with pics.

I also plan on re-doing our landscaping. We haven't really put much of any thought into it since we bought the home in 2011.

Anyhow, here is a current shot of it. I am extremely happy at this point.

1506475_908806572475059_2465651398187965587_n.jpg

Here is what the house looked like when I purchased it:
11084037_908901382465578_5064177124774194945_o.jpg

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to add - I did the Low E double pane windows in the entire house, and the back sliding glass door.

That in combination with the extra 1.5" layer of "stone" - the electric bills seem to be about 15% lower - which is good. Atleast I get a little bit back after spending a damn fortune.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Kelly I really like what you've done. Very nice work. It looks so much more open.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Washed some more of the house, only got one more side to do, looks way better without mildew. Cleaned my gutters, and got the first load of mulch spread out. Going to need way more than I thought, hoping to get some more tomorrow.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Got the yard dethatched. Perfect weather, but now my eyes and nose are full of dust.

That looks great!

We got the majority of our stuff moved over from our apartment yesterday. We weren't able to go get our new fridge, washer and dryer yet because our builder fucked up yet again. We had to wait another 3 hours after closing to receive our keys because the inspector wouldn't grant a Certificate of Occupancy due to the fact that the yard wasn't graded.

Wow man. It's almost over! Finally! lol! I really need to start packing more up.

So, the front is mostly done. I am having my stonework guy come out and do some more stuff in a few days, I'll update with pics.

I also plan on re-doing our landscaping. We haven't really put much of any thought into it since we bought the home in 2011.

Anyhow, here is a current shot of it. I am extremely happy at this point.

That's awesome!

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Took my grandfather to take a closer look at the house we've been looking at today and overall he was extremely pleased with everything. I think he made the realtor nervous with all the questions he had. She left with a short list of things to ask the seller. I'm going to shop around a few more mortgage companies, but I'm thinking we may make an offer this week.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Got pics of the house you are looking at Ryan?

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice.

Thanks, Jaye.

We put in an offer tonight. We got wind that another person came and looked at the house briefly either yesterday or today and indicated that they'd be putting in an offer. We decided to make a move even though we had planned on doing it this weekend and the realtor was nice enough to come meet us tonight to put the offer together. I should have a response by tomorrow at midnight. Fingers crossed.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Thanks, Jaye.

We put in an offer tonight. We got wind that another person came and looked at the house briefly either yesterday or today and indicated that they'd be putting in an offer. We decided to make a move even though we had planned on doing it this weekend and the realtor was nice enough to come meet us tonight to put the offer together. I should have a response by tomorrow at midnight. Fingers crossed.

"Got wind" eh? Seems like the Realtor always hears somebody else is going to offer. Good luck with the house buddy. I hope you get it. It's a really nice place that you'll be able to do something with.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
"Got wind" eh? Seems like the Realtor always hears somebody else is going to offer. Good luck with the house buddy. I hope you get it. It's a really nice place that you'll be able to do something with.

Thanks, man. By "got wind" I mean that the realtor flat out told us that another agent showed the house and it's the first time she's said anything like that in the last two weeks. She's been very upfront about everything else and seems to be a straight shooter so I have no reason to believe that she's jerking us around. I figure in real estate if an agent is at the very least honest that's almost all you can really ask for.

Also, patience may be a virtue, but more specifically, it's a virtue that can get fucked.
Time is moving painfully slow. We should've given the seller 25 minutes to respond.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Good luck, Ryan. Fannie Mae took almost 2 weeks to accept my offer, that was brutal. It is a beautiful house and seems like a good price for 2.6 acres of land. How far out of town are you?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back