Project Large Caliber - Cam's NEW 2009 Bullitt Build Thread

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
The Back To Black is only going to last but so long -- and it ain't that long. Paint it with SEM trim paint. I've done a few, and they look better than new.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Back To Black is only going to last but so long -- and it ain't that long. Paint it with SEM trim paint. I've done a few, and they look better than new.

I just saw those guys on tv the other day. The guy from SEM painted tan interior pieces to black and never lost the original texture of the interior. Looked like a great product. Good call Rasmus.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score

+1 on that, the day that it rains it will start to streak and then return back to it's original color. I just painted mine with regular matte black spray paint though.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What type of texture does it leave? Same thing as the stock smooth feel or is gritty matte?

No same as stock. The parts they were doing had a texture already on them from the factory. And unlike most paints or refinishers that you spray out of a gun it fills the cracks of the texture and makes it smooth. This kept the factory textures and just changed the color. No it will not change the texture of your parts.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Ha! Sounds like me earlier this year with selling the car and losing complete interest, if it weren't for my wife it'd probably have been gone already.

Anyway, this should be a great build...look forward to seeing the progress! Best of luck man

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
If you are just doing that wiper cowl, and don't want to paint it, you could always Plasti Dip it. Will stay matte black until you peel it off.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Was wondering when plasti dip was coming into this discussion, LOL!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
You're crazy Cam. But I like it!!

Mah boy! Where you been?? Come down to DC with the YJ and we can trade! :thumb2:

Almost at the point of pulling a trigger on a donor engine... waiting to hear back some more. Tried making deals with guys on eBay, but they all think they have V12 Lambo engines or something. Made 4 phone calls for promising leads today and they all are like we'll we need like 2 weeks to pull the engine or people who want to keep the PCM as a keep sake, and bs after bs.

Last edited:

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Mah boy! Where you been?? Come down to DC with the YJ and we can trade! :thumb2:

Almost at the point of pulling a trigger on a donor engine... waiting to hear back some more. Tried making deals with guys on eBay, but they all think they have V12 Lambo engines or something. Made 4 phone calls for promising leads today and they all are like we'll we need like 2 weeks to pull the engine or people who want to keep the PCM as a keep sake, and bs after bs.

Mikey parting out his Lambo?

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Oh he did a V12 swap in his Gallardo? I must have missed this. I'm guessing it's also TT'd and is outrunning UGR Aventador's.

Yeah, but he got an offer that he couldn't refuse, and went ahead and got the 2015 SVT Mustang. It's sitting at the dealer while he gets a new playboy mansion built at his parents' place.

Okay, sorry for the detour. Yes, SEM will do you good. I think you're headed in the right direction with the 4V.

2BlownStangs

forum member
Reaction score
Sub'd
This is going to be great. I'm kinda surprised that you aren't considering an air suspension for this project though...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back