Ruining a good car--my "build " thread

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
I would love white wheels but the wheel type needs to be right otherwise it will look very crappy.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
its @nsynclover421

Also knuckles showed up today, but I'm out of town. I hope to get them bolted up on saturday, figure out if harness(s) will need to be moved, figure out optimum wheel width & offset.

Not sure if i mentioned I am going to raise the car a bit. It sits slightly too low IMO.

Cool deal. just followed ya. looks like a nice build so far

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
Can you post a better profile pic? I'd love to see the wheels contrast a little better in the photos.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
Can you post a better profile pic? I'd love to see the wheels contrast a little better in the photos.

the black and brown iterations of these wheels suck in photos in addition Im not super good at taking photos. The wheel color is slated to be changed very soon

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
here is some very crummy video from a few weeks back. I did 3 runs. 1 run with the street wheels and 2 runs with my "drift" wheels the mustang. After that I got into my "shitbox" and I had alot of fun in that so didn't go back to the mustang. I get apprehensive in a car I have 32 grand into and I drive very carefully. In my shitbox I have to drive aggressively as its a 800 dollar car with cut springs, low power, shitty tires , a welded diff, poor seats, and absolutely nothing else. So its hard to say when i will treat the mustang this way maybe a few years. Fact is its my mind (and fear of a pocket book hit) that hold me back in the mustang not the car or my lack of skill.

In the mustang i was able to take full advantage of the new found angle with the drift wheel set up. Front was 18x9.5 +22 with an inch of stacked spacers making the wheel effectively a -3 offset. The tire was a 245/40 nitto NT-05. The rear tires were some 275/40-19 on the brembo wheel setup spaced out by 15mm. The tires delaminated in the 3 runs so also another reason I stopped in the mustang.

*** click on photo to see video. Sorry for the absolutely deplorable quality in 2014 none the less. Next outing I will get good footage. Uploading a few more videos as I type. Will post here in a second

run in my shitbox--although a BMW. The fox is a monster 605whp 580wTQ fully modified in every regard to drift. I wish that guy would have come around when I had my 240 we could get insane together

Last edited:

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
So the diff in style between mustang (1st video) and BMW.

Another very crappy video of the second run I took with the drift wheels on.

Also the course was fairly tight on day 1 because we were having intermittent showers all day. Day two (most of the BMW stuff) was a very nice and dry day so we opened the course up alot

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Nice! I thought I saw a video on Facebook that looked like your car in there. I follow that guy with the blue fox. I'm working on one for the same thing and stay reading on talk drift. Hopefully I'll be able to get some stuff from DVanz for the fox soon.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
steve is a cheap dude and made all his shit but after trial and error he has it all down. The car is a beast now.

If I were to make a competition car and it were a mustang. A fox isnt the best nor is it the worst. Every bad point I think of I can find a good point about them too. The 11+ suspension wise and power wise are the beat but the heaftiness is a major pitfall IMO.

Probably shouldnt leave out cost. crashing or scratching a 11+ is painful lol

Last edited:

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
FULL PART OUT coming very soon. Im going to keep the car through August for our mustang rally then Everything will be parted out and the car sold off. So any one wanting the parts I have some good prices will be in the near future.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
Here is where I am at with this car. I like it, but dont know if I LOVE it. I wanted to get into a BRZ/FRS but after driving a turbo'd one I was in love. 405 wheel hp in a 2700 car is pretty gnarly. This car though was kinda tore up as the guy uses it specifically for drifting. I being semi-adult (35yr old guy body, 15 yr old mind=semi adult) I need back seats to tote my kids around, I need AC, I also need a turbo kit on the FRS.

I drove a stock one and holy crap I think Id rather ride the bus they are horrible stock. So that leaves me with a 30K car no back seat. Well shit. So i kinda calmed down about selling my current line up (The mustang and a Fiesta ST) and decided to sleep on it. Cause to get a turbo FRS I would need to sell all my stuff

Then I did this in my shitty BMW E30. (AGAIN SORRY about the crappy quality stupid phones). When i say crappy 200,000 miles, blown bushings, Blown shocks, cut springs, smashed all over, stripped and caged and thats the extent of the mods

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=683810161672233&set=vb.197829190270335&type=2&theater

Needless to say I found my love for drifting again. Problem is the mustang isn't the car to do this in. I am not a rich guy so doing this in what I consider an expensive car and pushing like I do in my nice street car is not a smart good idea. What to do?

https://www.facebook.com/kris.cudmore.10

hope facebook works for people my other upload method isnt working

Visual as to why I dont like to drift in the stang. As you can see when I come around the corner (track was wet so I was out "drying" it out") front slips and of course its right towards wall, I didnt hit it but my butt did pucker a bit

Last edited:

CAMELCAT

Reaction score
Awesome build man!

Adding to your last post, the BRZ/FRS is a great car, but expensive for drifting that would put you close in the price ranges of the mustang. You would be putting more money into the BRZ/FRS than keeping your current set up.

IMO, fix up the beater E30 or sell it to buy something else and keep the current fleet. That way you can still haul the kids around and still be able to drift something.

I've seen a lot of guys running Miatas' lately. Mostly turbo'd/swapped with junkyard 302s'/or lsxs'. I think they are an awesome car (light as hell) and regret selling mine every time I see one.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
problem with mustang is a non fixable one, if i want a streetable car. Its a fat fat pile. with the Frs Im not looking for a cheap build I know exactly how much it will
cost. I just want a good looking car, thts light, IRS, and powerful. The mustang only meets the powerful part which that is even negated a bit by its heft. Basically I want a street car I can drift, not a drift car I can street.

I figure after all the crap ive done to the mustang it handles well drift ok but you can feel the weight. A turbo coilover FRS feels fantastic all with AC. Just no backseat room.

E30 will never be sold. Its way better than the mustang too. It better because I have ZERO worries when I do anything drift wise in it. Hit a wall who cares. blow a tire apart...mehhh. The list can go on. That car has maybe 1000 invested and I am good enough to keep up with 600 horse cars on our small track. Bmw Will get coils, more cage and a ls1 some day. Its getting a tube rear frame here shortly.

miata wise is thats the last car id get lol. I hate them and convertables need a full cage.

If a car gets sold its the mustang. May not even replace it.

Last edited:

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
so almost had the wheels sold then I decided to curb them! Crap! Ok So F it I had them stripped down and low and behold the curbage is almost gone!! gonna lay paint on them tomorrow.

I also figured out why the car felt soooooo shitty. The LCA BRACKET were adjusted to have the arms at 90 degrees. Great for drag racing but it was causing the car to want to straighten out and get twitchy. I can only imagine that rear grip was over coming front grip at the wrong time. I've only been able to street "test". hopefully this Sunday I can get it on a closed course to see whats up. Probably gonna still feel fat but I keep saying they drift toyota chasers so I have no excuses

As for selling this thing. I keep watching this video http://vimeo.com/m/53544409 and think:
-I like that mustang and mine is close. Cage, handbrake, a gutting and having my balls descend (aka I stop thinking about crashing a $$$ car) Im there almost

-I have zero time to build anything as I have a thesis to start writing

So MAYBE I keep this.

Wheels will have a new color tomorrow (if i get time to lay it on).

Also got some 1 inch bolt on spacers will stack those with some 15mm slip ons and remove rack limiters to see how much angle this contraption can get. Our Sturgis mustang rally is next week and I have some ridiculousness to do.

Last edited:

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
The mustang rally concluded today. I met a ton of really cool people. From some sponsors that were amp'd about drifting to a gal that flew to south Dakota to the mustang rally from Germany that drifts a GT500 back home. We (a buddy and myself) were able to put on a little drift demo. Runs went well everyone seemed to love the action. I have more video to come but here is a short in car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHCi3pCqnGI

A couple things you can notice. My fighting of the wheel. I had thought weight was a major factor. Turns out Im pretty much wrong. light is good but its not 100% the issue like i thought. while fighting the car a bit the car doesn't have the self steering as many drift cars do i have to actually return the wheel to center. I shouldn't have to do that.

long story short my suspension needs to be better. Ok with all the stuff I have Wtf Am I talking about. Well I was lucky/blessed enough to drive a very sorted (AKA badass) company car. The car rotated and felt 1000lbs lighter than mine while being the same weight or maybe slightly heavier than mine. The suspension on this thing is to die for. So needless to say I hope to work with them in the coming months to get out of what I have and into what They have.

They don't build drift cars and may have thought I was nuts but they build some
cery cool road race/autocross cars which as it turns out have similar setups to drift cars. So I can use their setups and twist them into my needs.

At one time I was gonna part and sell this car. Im all but jumping for joy to just part and rebuild the suspension now instead.

Anyways in the coming months I hope to have some in sight and specifics about all of this

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back