S197 Heat Exchangers

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
What do you have for Heat Exchangers on the S197?

I've got stupid AITs at the speed I am attempting to spin my blower.

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
afco dual pass with dual fans i LOOOOOVE it!! when in town i can drop my temps super easily. also for SUMMER ONLY i drain the coolant from the HE system and fill with distilled water and water wetter drops temps a lot!

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
The big Afco is going to be the best choice without going custom. Right now. We have a line of MASSIVE HE's with big fans and big lines this fall. They are a lot more capable of shedding heat than anything else out there. By a HUGE margin.

Another option is the 13' GT500 stock HE. It is a lot bigger than the Afco but doesn't have room for fans. Fans only offer an advantage under 40mph, so what you are doing for driving will determine which one is better suited to the task. And the GT500 unit is about half the cost.

But at the end of the day the pump is the "anchor" of the system. Well, the IC is the anchor, but those are not so easy to change. I would have a B level HE and a A level pump opposed to the opposite with s restricted budget. A level HE and A level pump really makes a big difference.

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
It's the Saleen and it's making too much heat.
I had to drop my boost down from 15-10psi just to feel more confident about getting a reliable tune.

I have read many of your threads and posts in regards to cooling.

I am aware the IC of the Saleen is the bottleneck and I can't change that.

So I have an Afco dual pass 8028, the one without the fans.

I have read your advice in a different thread about the lingenfelter programmed pump.

I figure the most I can do for the 15psi pulley is upgrade the pump, upgrade the HE, Use Ice in the reservoir and only use the small pulley for track days.

That is ofcourse unless you have some advice?
I'm all ears here.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
It's the Saleen and it's making too much heat.
I had to drop my boost down from 15-10psi just to feel more confident about getting a reliable tune.

I have read many of your threads and posts in regards to cooling.

I am aware the IC of the Saleen is the bottleneck and I can't change that.

So I have an Afco dual pass 8028, the one without the fans.

I have read your advice in a different thread about the lingenfelter programmed pump.

I figure the most I can do for the 15psi pulley is upgrade the pump, upgrade the HE, Use Ice in the reservoir and only use the small pulley for track days.

That is ofcourse unless you have some advice?
I'm all ears here.

That Afco you have is actually bigger than the dual fan Afco. So unless you need fans, stick with what you have. Or put a 13' GT500 HE on there. Those are MONSTERS!!!! I really doubt you will see a measurable gain from the GT500 HE though, yeh it will be better, will it drop you 5deg? Probably not.

That Lingenfelter pump is going to be your silver bullet. There is no one thing that you can do for your system that will give you that sort of return. It really is worth the $$$.

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
Then I will make it so my cooling guru!
During tuning a drop from 15psi to 10psi has brought the AIT down to about 145*F.
Not what I was hoping but it is livable.

Keep me in the loop with your HE line that is coming out, I need every *F drop I can get.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back