LMR Memorial Day Sale!

Dustin@LMR

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Our Memorial Day Sale starts now, and continues through 5/31/16!

This sale includes discounts on hot items for your 2005-2014 Mustang, including blowout pricing on restoration, styling, and performance parts!

Save big on 1000's of Mustang parts across the site, and save yourself 7% at checkout when you use code MEMDAY7.

http://latemodelres.to/1TGGxjl

memorial-day-may-2016_6f22e31f.jpg

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I just ordered the 2015-2016 Mustang Barton Short Throw Shifter Item #BTN-2015BM1 for my 2015 GT. I have been eyeing this item from other places and I just happen to look at your website and noticed the best price ever and free shipping. I couldn't pass it up this time.

I'm hoping this makes the shifting better on the car, I hate going into the wrong gear all the time. When I got the car I was told on S197 from one of the members that I would hate the shifting and he was right.

Can't wait to get it installed now.

Thanks LMR for a great price and making me spend my money, ha ha.

Ed

Dustin@LMR

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I just ordered the 2015-2016 Mustang Barton Short Throw Shifter Item #BTN-2015BM1 for my 2015 GT. I have been eyeing this item from other places and I just happen to look at your website and noticed the best price ever and free shipping. I couldn't pass it up this time.

I'm hoping this makes the shifting better on the car, I hate going into the wrong gear all the time. When I got the car I was told on S197 from one of the members that I would hate the shifting and he was right.

Can't wait to get it installed now.

Thanks LMR for a great price and making me spend my money, ha ha.

Ed

Our pleasure Ed, haha! :clap: Be sure to leave us a review on our website after you get it installed, and used to it!

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I received the item today, now just have to have time to put it in and pay someone to do it for me.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Finally going to have the 2015 Barton Shifter installed tomorrow (21 Feb 2017). Talking to JBA Speed shop they said they have installed them before which was good news, but the cost to have it installed will cost more than the part.
As long as it shifts better, then I'll be happy. I was told I'll be happier with the new shifter.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Got the new shifter installed. Shifting from 1st to 2nd I sometimes have a problem and have to move the stick more to the left to get it into 2nd gear. Going from 5th to 6th I have to move the stick more to the right, but the stock shifter was the same way.

Overall the shifter is a whole lot better than the stock shifter and I'm happy with it.

Tyler@LMR

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Glad you liked it! Makes me wonder if there is something off internally on the transmission

MSgt46270

Reaction score
This really sucks now. I was going to go to the store and the trans went into reverse without a problem. While shifting gears the silver lever to raise and put in reverse was loose. When I got to a red light I tried to put it in reverse and it wouldn't go. Crap, it's broken or a part came loose.

After doing some research, I think I might know the problem. The Reverse Lockout Collar might have come apart. If I reach lower on the shift boot and pull up on it I can get the car in reverse, yeah!

So I just ordered the 2015-18 Mustang Barton Billet Reverse Lockout Collar - Brushed, Item #BTN-2015BM5, MPN# 2015BM-5 from LMR. I'll have the part by the 23rd Jan.

Last edited:

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Finally received the "Barton Billet Reverse Lockout Collar - Brushed" today. Followed the video instructions and the damn Lockout Collar would slip out where it connected to the shifter. Look at the install video again, yup, I'm doing it right. Got to thinking about it why was it slipping back out when I would lift up on the Lockout Collar. I removed the o ring and cleaned it with a rag. Got some Q-tips and spray one with 409 cleaner. There was a lot of grease/oil where the Lockout Collar had to go into. Cleaned it out and then use two more Q-tips (dry) to clean it up. Installed the Lockout Collar with the boot cover, and it was better, but slipped out again. After installing the shifter ball everything was working.

Oh BTW, the wife doesn't know I bought and had the Barton shifter installed. She was asking me why I didn't take it to the dealer since I have the extended warranty. I don't recall what I said, but once I had the thing fixed she didn't ask anymore.
She told me I couldn't do any mods to the car, my 2005 gave us a lot of trouble and cost a lot for repairs. So if I want to do anything to the car, I have to make sure I can get away with it. Ha ha

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back