Step-daughter wrecked my truck

jsquared_25

forum member
Reaction score
While me and my wife are on our honeymoon, my step-daughter crashed my truck..... We got the phone call from her yest and my wife really didn't want to tell me, but I got the news out of her. Thank God no one was hurt other than my poor ol truck, however it did a very good job at protecting her and the baby. I told her she could drive it while we were gone because she flew in from Florida for our wedding, and is watching our house till we get back. I only have these two pictures that I will try and upload..... I know it's kinda hard to tell, but do y'all think it will be totaled? Supposedly all the airbags went off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 57

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I'm guessing totaled. Frame on driver's side is collapsed (as it's designed to do).

Brian, how can you tell that from that picture. Just wondering, it doesn't look like the wheel is pushed back to me. But it may be.

When mine got totaled the insurance adjuster told me if any or all of these:
a) the front axle on a 4x4 got damaged or broken
b) all front airbags deployed
c) frame damage behind the front axle

then it would be totaled. Mine of course had all of those except only 1 airbag. It only had 8k miles and was less than 4 months old at the time.

Glad everyone is ok that's the important part.

Sent from iPhone

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Glad she's OK, but daaaaang! I'd be sooooo pissed!

Looks like it's repairable to me, but...

il_570xN.655683501_2vwq.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm guessing the driver's side axle is pushed back based on the body damage on the back side of the wheel well as well as the location of the front wheel in relation to the wheel well.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear.

Damage looks to be significant.

What did she hit or who? What's the story behind this?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Let me help with the pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

And yeah, it looks like the driver side front tire is further back than the right-front tire, but that could kinda just be the oversized tires playing tricks on my eyes.

Attachments

• crashedTundra1.jpg
    crashedTundra1.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 204
  • crashedTundra2.jpg
    crashedTundra2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 201

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
so uh, whats the bolt pattern on those wheels? j/k. good to hear nobody was hurt, especially with a baby in the car

jsquared_25

forum member
Reaction score
I'm guessing totaled. Frame on driver's side is collapsed (as it's designed to do).
I talked to the owner of the shop today and he thinks it will be totaled. Aside from all the airbags the engine is pushed all the way up in the firewall. They really want know until they tear into it next week.
Good that no one was hurt,,,
Thank you, we are too
Ill be the dickhead who asks, what's her story? Then, what really happened? LOL
Man she claims to be reaching in the back seat for something and the lady in front of her just slammed on her brakes so she wouldn't miss her turn. Who really knows though.
Sorry to hear.

Damage looks to be significant.

What did she hit or who? What's the story behind this?
Yeah I got to see another picture of it today and it for sure looks worse than I thought.
Let me help with the pics:

And yeah, it looks like the driver side front tire is further back than the right-front tire, but that could kinda just be the oversized tires playing tricks on my eyes.

Thank you for expanding the pics....
so uh, whats the bolt pattern on those wheels? j/k. good to hear nobody was hurt, especially with a baby in the car
Yes sir we are too.
So is that a Toyota? I mean really you should be praying its totalled so you can get a F150 EB!!!

Sent from iPhone
I've been eyeing the new f150's pretty hard even before this happened

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds totaled to me. 375hp/470ft-lb 10 speed Ecoboost!!!!

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So.......was it totaled? Also, what kind of car/truck did she rear-end to do that much damage?

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
My kid totaled my 2014 Dodge RAM 1500. Had GAP coverage and that was a nightmare of getting the GAP company to pay the rest. It took almost 5 months between the insurance company and the GAP company to finally get it settled and that was with me staying on top of them all the time.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Sad to see another Yota go down. Looks very similar to my wife's 2016 SR5 CrewMax.

Feel free to check out the EB F150's, but the reliability isn't even comparable. Friend of mine runs a company that does aftermarket warranties and the Tundras are class 2 vs the new F150's at a class 7 out of 14.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If the Tundra was more reliable they would be all over construction sites and oil fields. They aren't in oil fields much as far as I know. But I see A LOT of F-Series trucks on construction sites all around where I live. I see 6-8 Fords for every non-Ford with commercial signage.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
That thing is fucked. Get the wheels off before insurance pays off the truck.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back