2007 Sleeper Help needed

ProStreet1

Reaction score
Hey Guys, new to the site and thought I'd stop in to get some opinions. I flip vehicles for fun and just purchased a diesel pick-up off of a pretty cool car guy. Long story short, before I leave, he asks if I want to see a 07 Mustang his wife owns which will be up for sale due to her foot surgery. Turns out its a 49K mile red GT, perfect condition with a dealer installed Saleen super charger. They do the injectors, pcm, everything just like the "SLEEPER". He is the 2nd owner and thats what he was told. This GT does NOT have the sleeper decal or the Saleen window decal so I'm believing him. Is this car desirable? I know by what I have read if its a SLEEPER car, it holds a nice value and then how clean this car is and it's low miles, it should bring a fair penny. I have a chance to buy this car for 11,000 and I'm hoping it's a 12,500 to 13,000 flip.
Please offer opinions as I don't care to sit on it through the winter so I need to know if I'm close or way off.
Thanks for any help...

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My opinion is not to post drivel like this in our tech sections

Moved

And da fuq is a "SLEEPER" 10 years and never heard of such.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
yea what the fuck is special about "the sleeper"?

Itll be worth what a modded GT is worth

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score

OP, you're a used car salesman, right? Well, take notes, because this guy's playing you like a cheap fiddle.

IMHO

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Never heard of a "sleeper" package or model.

So I Googled it. This shit really exists! And it looks like only 8 of these were built in 2007. Only 1 was red. If you can verify it is real, I would say it might be worth more money than any similarly modded 2007 GT. It is a very rare Saleen package. If it's real.

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=16329

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So its a modded GT w/ a Saleen blower....

IMHO, no more desireable than any modded GT

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It appears it's a Saleen "factory" modded package. Which makes it a Saleen Mustang. And to some that makes it different (and more desirable) than a modded GT.

This would be roughly akin the GT-350 convertibles Shelby built in 65-66. Extremely low production. Extremely rare. Time will tell if the Saleen community will see them as valuable due to the rarity.

On the flip side if it is really a dealer installed Saleen blower package, it is just another modded GT and should be priced as such.

Last edited:

LikeabossTM

forum member
Reaction score
This would be an excellent long term investment if validated. You won't necessarily make much on it now as most casual buyers will agree with stkjock, however, the real value will come when it hits the 20 yr mark and collectors or enthusiasts are looking for 'the hot car' of their youth.

You're still a ways out from that.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Without the documentation it's not worth anymore than any other modded Mustang GT. If you can prove this is the only red 2007 Saleen Sleeper GT then you may have a little extra.

The question is does anyone really care that it's what it is? How much demand is there for a car like this that most of us here didn't even know existed. This isn't like the Saleen Parnelli Jones cars that are truly unique, well marketed, and in many cases desired by the community. To anyone out there this just looks like someone slapped a blower on a Mustang GT. I understand that was the concept, but the understated nature may work against you here. It's not like it was a stock looking GT that got some 800hp 427 wedged under the hood to make it REALLY stand out. It's just a Saleen blower on a Mustang GT.

My car is a 1 of 1 build from Ford when you look at color and options in the GT500 line, but I don't think that holds any water when it comes to asking more money for the car as I don't think anyone is out there searching for this 1 of 1 car I own as compared to other cars. It's an interesting asterisk, but I don't know if necessarily increases the resale value and I'd say the same about the car you're looking at.

groundpounder

forum member
Reaction score
If Barret Jackson is still around 40 years you could get them to find a sucker to pay a 20% buyers premium while you pay a 20% sellers premium and the catalog does its "1 of 1 blah blah blah" spiel. Get them to make you a demand for this!

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
I have a Racecraft. Few of those were made(33 in 2008). Other than person attachment, I really wouldn't look at the sleeper as a way to make money. I would love to pick up another low milage Racecraft but I would not overpay.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think $11,000 is reasonable for a GT of that year with low-ish miles and in very good condition, not even considering it being a special model. If it's legitimately a "SLEEPER," then there's probably some collector value in that eventually. A forum dedicated to these cars hadn't even known it existed until now. Rarity usually means something to someone, especially when it comes to cars.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
So its a modded GT w/ a Saleen blower....

IMHO, no more desireable than any modded GT

^^^This^^^

'07 GT w/blower kit is...a blown '07 GT. Nothing super special and as far as the "sleeper" status...time for a nap. ZZZzzz

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Dude said it "just like the SLEEPER, so it's NOT actually a SLEEPER car .... just a modded GT.

Hey Guys, new to the site and thought I'd stop in to get some opinions. I flip vehicles for fun and just purchased a diesel pick-up off of a pretty cool car guy. Long story short, before I leave, he asks if I want to see a 07 Mustang his wife owns which will be up for sale due to her foot surgery. Turns out its a 49K mile red GT, perfect condition with a dealer installed Saleen super charger. They do the injectors, pcm, everything just like the "SLEEPER". He is the 2nd owner and thats what he was told. This GT does NOT have the sleeper decal or the Saleen window decal so I'm believing him. Is this car desirable? I know by what I have read if its a SLEEPER car, it holds a nice value and then how clean this car is and it's low miles, it should bring a fair penny. I have a chance to buy this car for 11,000 and I'm hoping it's a 12,500 to 13,000 flip.
Please offer opinions as I don't care to sit on it through the winter so I need to know if I'm close or way off.
Thanks for any help...

groundpounder

forum member
Reaction score
I missed that the supercharger was installed by a dealer and not done by Saleen themselves. That makes this car absolutely nothing special. It's a GT someone put some parts on. In fact, the parts are from a boutique maker with very limited supply chain and parts supply stock for a car/engine out of production since 2010.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back