CMDP DIY

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
Ok sorry maybe this is a retarded question but, they look aluminum. Can holes be welded? Like TIG welded? Also have a shop where we do cnc billet work. Might make a set like steeda. Thoughts?

doodad

Let's race!
Reaction score
Ok sorry maybe this is a retarded question but, they look aluminum. Can holes be welded? Like TIG welded? Also have a shop where we do cnc billet work. Might make a set like steeda. Thoughts?

Yes you can weld them and yes they are aluminum.

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
Yes you can weld them and yes they are aluminum.

ok well awesome!!! anyone got a spare set that i can weld or modify? sell or donate? lemme weld and CNC machine down.. lemme experiment.. please i beg i run a custom billet shop. plan on making a set like steeda but time right is short... doing a sema car... please someone lemme know

SeanD

forum member
Reaction score
Hot hot would the CMDP get under normal usage? I picked up some Magnum Steel epoxy from Autozone and just noticed it is good up to 300f. I see some other products are good up to 500f. Is 300f still okay?

Agent007

forum member
Reaction score
Buy Quicksteel. It is also at advanced but you can get it at walmart for $2 cheaper. I have used it in numerous sets of homemade delete plates.

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone have a clue what a shop would charge to weld all those holes? Seems like the safest route (next to buying them already deleted...).

Gerardo

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't see them asking too much. Not a lot of shops like to weld aluminum. They would probably just fill the holes and leave it up to you to clean it up after. I've made about 5 sets now using the aluminum permapoxy and have had no problems. I don't see These getting to a temp that will compromise the material, nor enough pressure to make it fail...

JP06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Reviving this from the dead but I can't get the link to work? I want to try this DIY soon!

JP06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Got mine stripped down and cleaned up today. I think I am going to have them welded rather than the quik steel.

Did any of you guys have any problems with your DIYers? How are they holding up?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Reviving this thread again.

I would also like to hear if anyone who has done the DIY method has had any issues. How long has it been? How many miles?

I want to do this so bad, but like many have said, I am scared that the epoxy would eventually break off and ruin my engine. The Steeda delete plates are nearly $300, but that's still a lot cheaper than a new engine. LOL

JP06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread again.

I would also like to hear if anyone who has done the DIY method has had any issues. How long has it been? How many miles?

I want to do this so bad, but like many have said, I am scared that the epoxy would eventually break off and ruin my engine. The Steeda delete plates are nearly $300, but that's still a lot cheaper than a new engine. LOL

I've been holding off on mine since September waiting for a reply to the question you ask because I share the same fear! Haha.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Did you increase port size or just polish to clean them up and if increased port size what did you use to match all of the ports?

GriffX

Reaction score
I have a different solution, because I didn't trust the epoxy stuff. I did not remove the middle bearing, so one whole was therefore already done. I plugged the whole to the flap motor with a piece of aluminium rod and left the two others open. The plate is before the injectors, so only air from the intake can pass the wholes. Its working for years now.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back