We Now Have Video!!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well.. sorta. We now have the capability to embed video in to your posts.

Some of you may or may not have noticed that there are a couple of new icons at the top of the message windows when you post. They are the last three on the right side. Google, YouTube, and Streetfire. You can now use these icons to embed videos in to your posts.

Here is how they work.
Lets say you wanted to post a video of our own Dave Beyer's (169stang) bad ass S197 doing a dyno pull from google video. What you will need to do is extract the video from the link. For example, the link to the video in question is:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6249642436568871136&q=lethal+performance+site%3Avideo.google.com&total=25&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

Now what you want out of this is the portion of the video that is after the docid= In our case that would be -624964243656887136.
Once you have the doc ID, you place that information between the two tags that appear when you press the google button.
(example)
Press the button and you get [noparse][google][/google][/noparse].
So what you would do is paste the doc ID between the two google tags and it will give you this [noparse][google]-624964243656887136[/google][/noparse].

Now, when you submit the post, you will now see your video in the post like this!

[google]-6249642436568871136[/google]

It is the same process for Youtube and for Streetfire. All you have to do is put the document ID in between the tags that the buttons give you.
You can also simply paste the doc ID in to your post, hi-lite it with your mouse, then click on the video button that is applicable to the document and that will put the tags around it also.

Here, lets try another one, this time from Streetfire.
No secret that I am a HPP Motorsports NuttHugger. So I want to post a video of Manny's race car from Fun Ford Weekend 2005 in Dallas. I have found the video here: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4fca4fd5-5f53-4ecb-bcff-997600b0f3ed.htm
Notice this time that there is no "docid" tag. But instead there is a bigass long string of numbers at the end. That is how Streetfire does their videos. So the part that we want is "4fca4fd5-5f53-4ecb-bcff-997600b0f3ed". I would copy that identifier, press the streetfire button, and paste that in between the tags. Then when I submit my post I would have this:

[sfire]4fca4fd5-5f53-4ecb-bcff-997600b0f3ed[/sfire]

Catching on to what we are saying?

Ok, one last example, this time from YouTube. The last video was of Manny's race car and it was two years old. The car has changed quite a bit since then. Now I want to see a more current video of it that is posted on YouTube. This is what the link looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/v/Gw9a4EwSbKM&rel=1

Again, we want the docid. In this case it is Gw9a4EwSbKM. Just paste that in to your thread, hi-lite it with your mouse, click the YouTube button, and you will have a YouTube video in your post.

And that's all there is to it guys! I know that there are plenty of more video sites out there and I am sure that I have not satasified everyone with these three. But it's a start. Hopefully we will be adding more soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to waste several hours of my life working out something for you guys that you don't have to use. Would you prefer me remove it? Easy enough to do.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nope, I was refering to MY neighborhood. I can only get a crappy version of DSL at home here, and at work, all streaming video is blocked.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:party: thank you!

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cool, let me try....

[SFIRE]c7c8ce41-0bce-464e-a89b-99ea0023600d[/SFIRE]

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess I could lock all of em except one. Good idea. I just wanted to make sure people saw the announcement so I put the sticky in the 3 places people would most likely be.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wanna try! stupid video.....but it got it to work (yeah) lol

Last edited:

KryptonKnight

forum member
Reaction score
video test

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][sfire][/FONT]c3b722b4-dddf-4e10-9ead-9bc100b5b38d[/sfire]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Last edited:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Not sure what is wrong but I can't get either to work. Uggg! Suggestions??????????[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back