We Now Have Video!!

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hey hawg how the hell do you get photofuckit to work on here ? vids not pics ..... i tried about 50 times i guess im just too dumb to figure it out lol

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
Why can't the forum automatically embed the video? This should be a trivial parsing task (psst, I'm a software engineer so I know it is indeed trivial ;). Most of the code used now to embed would still be used. Just need one extra parsing and decision making step.

This would be much less work and a better experience for the users. This is something we have to think about constantly in the world of software.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why can't the forum automatically embed the video? This should be a trivial parsing task (psst, I'm a software engineer so I know it is indeed trivial ;). Most of the code used now to embed would still be used. Just need one extra parsing and decision making step.

This would be much less work and a better experience for the users. This is something we have to think about constantly in the world of software.

Kimmer??????

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Perhaps we can use your user donation to help fund a new vBulletin version so that the four clicks it takes to embed a video won't be so taxing on the end user experience

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bump / too many guys not using this feature.

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
More and more stuff is getting published on vimeo, is it possible to embed video's from there? :beerdrink:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
More and more stuff is getting published on vimeo, is it possible to embed video's from there? :beerdrink:
I mention this in our mod area. Good question! thank you.

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Some of you may or may not have noticed that there are a couple of new icons at the top of the message windows when you post. They are the last three on the right side. Google, YouTube, and Streetfire. You can now use these icons to embed videos in to your posts.

I don't see those 3 icons and trying to embed a youtube video. I assume this is still how it's done?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They are there if you go to the "advanced" post

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
ppl are still not knowing how to embed videos for youtube so i decided to do this for new guys

embed1.jpg

go to youtube brackets

embed2.jpg

embed3.jpg

copy the link of youtube as shown

embed4.jpg

past it here

embed5.jpg

make sure to varify the link is ok as below

embed6.jpg

here is a preview

embed7.jpg

then just post it

embed8.jpg

:beer:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
toorbeenee - very nice! Thanks

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back