Mustang drift techniques!

Schnee197

forum member
Reaction score
I enjoy drifting my mustang a lot. I use the clutch kick to get tail out at the apex of the corner. I was wondering if any of our more experianced drifters here had any tips for entering the drift earlyer, I have been trying to get the trail braking entry down but I havnt been able to pull it off yet.

dcjones

forum member
Reaction score
Trail braking entry is a waste of time. No one does it. E-brake or clutch kick depending on the course layout.

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
The factory ebrake works just fine. Just pull harder. And remember to push in the clutch when you do.

Silverrider

forum member
Reaction score
So when you pull the ebrake hard and engage the clutch you steer into direction of the corner once you start drifting you release and punch the gas right? Sorry trying to understand drifting a little more, I would love to learn how to better!

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
Where are you located? There are alot of different variables to drifting. It would be much easier to just find a local event to go to and practice. DO NOT street drift to learn unless you can afford to fix you car. YOU WILL eventually wreck or get caught.

If you want a video to watch to help learn find "the drift bible." It goes over all the basics and helps you learn how to do it right instead of teaching yourself how not to do it right then having to re-learn it later :)

Silverrider

forum member
Reaction score
Haha, I don't drift in the street, just kind of want to get into it, have watched a million videos and I am to the point where I think I need to try. I am in manhattan, ks.... nothing that I know of goes on anywhere around here...

krang00

forum member
Reaction score
Trail braking entry is a waste of time. No one does it. E-brake or clutch kick depending on the course layout.

this

I usually give a quick toss the opposite direction of the turn, clutch in, quick e-brake and on the gas for most entries. But like above, it really depends on the course layout.

mancha

forum member
Reaction score
this

I usually give a quick toss the opposite direction of the turn, clutch in, quick e-brake and on the gas for most entries. But like above, it really depends on the course layout.

The ole Scandinavian flick? Classic rally technique.

dcjones

forum member
Reaction score
So what are those particular examples where which is better?

E-brake works well if you need to decelerate or slow down after you initiate a drift. Road Atlanta is a good example. It also works well if you need to get the car to rotate fast but don't want to pick up speed while doing so.

Clutch kick works well if you need to accelerate through the initiation point to have the proper line going to the first clip point or apex. This will keep your speed up as well.

Both are used through a course to adjust line or keep the rear tires spinning.

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
All right look man there lots of ways you can do this all right. Handbraking is the easiest so the first thing I want you to do, I want you to rip that E-Brake all right. After you rip that E-Brake then I want you to power over.

sick3v

forum member
Reaction score
All right look man there lots of ways you can do this all right. Handbraking is the easiest so the first thing I want you to do, I want you to rip that E-Brake all right. After you rip that E-Brake then I want you to power over.

just try not to wreck Mona :roflmao:

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
E-brake works well if you need to decelerate or slow down after you initiate a drift. Road Atlanta is a good example. It also works well if you need to get the car to rotate fast but don't want to pick up speed while doing so.

Clutch kick works well if you need to accelerate through the initiation point to have the proper line going to the first clip point or apex. This will keep your speed up as well.

Both are used through a course to adjust line or keep the rear tires spinning.

Perfect! This will be a big help with the learning curve. Thank you.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back