Skwerl's New Hot Rod part 2

claudermilk

Reaction score
Hah, thanks Cam. :beer:
Just took it for a quick spin down the road and it's almost on the edge of being too loud. Sounds intoxicating, though.
This, and this. :thumb:

I almost missed what you are up to with the tips. It will be interesting to see your final product.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
6TP.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Hah! Tips came today, I just bought the Roush round tips rather than mess with trying to rig something up. My rear opening isn't near as large as Cam's but it will still hold a quart size bottle of brake fluid.

IMG_2807.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Love the Roush.
they sound great,congrats!

How's the cabin noise level?

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Heard a ton of roush ab's at mustangweek. Almist made me reconsider my Borla Ataks. They seem so quiet at idle and cruising.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
LOL.

Brian I thought we'd keep your thoughts about my rear on the DL.

Sent from my SCT X4 using Tunatwat
Sorry, I will never mention it again.
Love the Roush.
they sound great,congrats!

How's the cabin noise level?
Not too bad with the windows up and driving easy, it gets loud in a hurry when you get on the gas though. At least now I know when to shift without looking at the dash.
Heard a ton of roush ab's at mustangweek. Almist made me reconsider my Borla Ataks. They seem so quiet at idle and cruising.
I think they are made by Borla, not sure.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I made an executive decision today concerning my future plans for the CS. I've decided that drag racing is not going to be my primary goal. I want to focus more on a balance of power and handling (obviously) since having lots of power and not being able to handle very well didn't work out so well for me with the Bullitt.

Today I bought a Ford Racing M-FR3-MSVTA handling pack from Steve. It's designed for a gt500 so the front springs are designed to handle a slightly heavier engine but I believe it will be fine. If the front sits 1/4" higher than designed I'm ok with that. I don't want it slammed anyway.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114661

M-FR3-MSVTA_zps7d2d2000.jpg

Lowering the car over an inch will most likely necessitate some BMR love for the rear suspension in order to correct the geometry so I'll have some traction. I want to have all my suspension upgrades complete before any power upgrades.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I promised I wouldn't put a blower on it for 6 months. I'll hold to that. This is just suspension upgrades. :beerdrink:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back