Titanfall 2

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Anybody scoop Titanfall 2 yet? Been playing the original all week, gonna pick up the new one on my way home from work tonight

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
I want to grab it, but I pre-ordered Infinite Warfare instead. :( I'm so ashamed.

As you should be! LOL

COD lost me after Advanced Warfare. At least Black Ops II still IMO felt like COD. Advanced Warfare did not, and I couldn't even get into Black Ops III and I lvoed Treyarch's entries. The only thing about Infinite Warfare that might get me into it, is COD4 Remastered

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
After playing the beta for IW, I canceled my pre-order, as did two of my friends that I play with. We picked up BF1 and have been playing that this week. We are getting crushed, as it is a completely different feeling game than CoD.

TF2 looks good, that is also on our radar. We may pick that up too.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
As you should be! LOL

COD lost me after Advanced Warfare. At least Black Ops II still IMO felt like COD. Advanced Warfare did not, and I couldn't even get into Black Ops III and I lvoed Treyarch's entries. The only thing about Infinite Warfare that might get me into it, is COD4 Remastered

Well, I'm a sci-fi junkie, so I think the addition of energy weapons and space fighter combat spices up the tired old FPS genre. I was bored with the same old crap so I took a break from COD for a while. I played the beta and liked it. Some cool things. A lot the same but it was fun playing some reworked old maps. And the campaign looks interesting.

After playing the beta for IW, I canceled my pre-order, as did two of my friends that I play with. We picked up BF1 and have been playing that this week. We are getting crushed, as it is a completely different feeling game than CoD.

TF2 looks good, that is also on our radar. We may pick that up too.

I just can't do battlefield. I played the beta for 3 and it was literally the worst FPS I'd ever played. BF 1 is out. Because horses. I ****ing hate horses in video games. That and my son told me there's an airplane with a tank cannon mounted on it..........CTFO. If you're going to make a game set in the past, you better be DAMN sure it's accurate as all fuck.

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
Its not set in the past, it is set in a past reality altered by technology. It is not supposed to be realistic WWI weapons and stuff.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Speaking of SC-Fi junky, I had no ides 'Destiny' was literally 'Halo'. It'd fun but just seems unoriginal in that way.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Initial reactions

Game is awesome. It does have a legit campaign this time around and it was pretty damn good, but it was really really really short. I want to say I beat it in around 4.5 to 5 hours. It had some really unique elements to it, and balanced pilot gameplay with titan gameplay.

So far I only have played maybe an hour of multiplayer, but its pretty fun. The titans aren't as strong as they were in the first game, its pretty easy to take them out one on one, especially if your titan's core ability is ready to go.

Best part of the game so far is the controls, they are so fluid and it is so easy to string together say grappling hook to the side of a building wall run double jump land slide across the floor. Sounds like a lot but the controls are so fluid its amazing.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Initial reactions

Game is awesome. It does have a legit campaign this time around and it was pretty damn good, but it was really really really short. I want to say I beat it in around 4.5 to 5 hours. It had some really unique elements to it, and balanced pilot gameplay with titan gameplay.

So far I only have played maybe an hour of multiplayer, but its pretty fun. The titans aren't as strong as they were in the first game, its pretty easy to take them out one on one, especially if your titan's core ability is ready to go.

Best part of the game so far is the controls, they are so fluid and it is so easy to string together say grappling hook to the side of a building wall run double jump land slide across the floor. Sounds like a lot but the controls are so fluid its amazing.

That's good news. Bummer about the campaign being so short. This series had a massive opportunity for story telling. I'm glad they stuck one in, but dang. It's been a long time since I played the first one, are the controls drastically different?

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
For how short the campaign is, its very well done though. It had some really unique stuff in it.

The controls are the same, but with some of the new stuff they have added it seems like it could have been complicated but its still super simple

rcharles

forum member
Reaction score
Been playing it in 4k on my PC, and so far it is very good. Just going through the campaign right now.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
So far the best part of Titanfall 2...all DLC will be free. If they release new content, everyone gets it. No mappacks, no season pass. Everything is free

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
TF2 for PS4 should be on my doorstep tonight. We played BF1 for a month or so, but we are all missing that "quick" feeling of more traditional FPS. Hoping it's good. Plus, I love mechs.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Got it on sale and LOVED it. Haven't tried multiplayer as I suck but the single player was freaking awesome. I'd rather have a short, well done campaign than a drawn out shit fest. 9 or so missions and I want to replay them and try an find all the helmets. Game is GORGEOUS. One of my favorite fps of recent memory, right behind Doom.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Initial impressions after doing the first single player mission and a few MP maps: I like it. It is what I've been missing, I can honestly say it's what the past couple of CoD have been missing. Fluid movement, it looks stunning, good maps - although they seem big, the few I played all seemed to have choke points that all the action took place in. I guess this is by design. Plus mechs.

I need to get a feel for the mechs and their control more, I was pretty awkward in them. I need to learn their functions/abilities too. I also need to figure out the "network" thing.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
That is true. Once you understand each Titan's abilities you can really play well with them. My favorite Titan is actually the first one, Ion.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
I hit level 15 last night and unlocked the last titan with the minigun. It's pretty rad, but as of now I like the Tone best, although Ronin was pretty fun as well.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back