Tuner Questions

pondroski

Reaction score
I am in the process of changing the settings in my computer to correspond to modifications which have done to my '05 V6 Ford Mustang, I have corrected the rear end gear ratio from 3.31 to 3.73, 255/45R18 rear tires and the addition of a C&L CAI. What is the best change in trans pressure percent by SCT X4 programmer to cause my automatic trans to shift quicker between shifts to improve performance and drivability?

Thanks in Advance Gary

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Moved this thread back to chit chat with a redirect from 4.0 tech that doesn't expire.

Hopefully someone will have insight. The 4.0 tech area doesn't get much traffic.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Generally speaking, transmission line pressure is set at about 90% of the max pressure allowed by the internal regulator. With that said I can't see more than 8%-9% being effective in any way.

I would start at 5% and see how she does. These transmissions shift pretty darn quick even with all the extra stuff going on inside. I have a sneaky suspicion that it may not effect speed as much as firmness. Are you having a particular issue you are trying to resolve?

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
Your not going to be able to change anything with the X4 to make it shift quicker other than WOT12Shift and so on. You can do that in -3 mph or +7mph increments for each WOT Shift. If your not at WOT then it has no affect.

You will need the software to make long term adjustments to shift schedules and clutch fill times which affect when it shifts gear.

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your not going to be able to change anything with the X4 to make it shift quicker other than WOT12Shift and so on. You can do that in -3 mph or +7mph increments for each WOT Shift. If your not at WOT then it has no affect.

You will need the software to make long term adjustments to shift schedules and clutch fill times which affect when it shifts gear.

How do you get this software you're referring to?

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
You are going to need either HP Tuners Software or SCT Pro Racer Advantage III or have a tuner do it for you and send you the file to load with your X3 or X4. HP and SCT Pro Racer are $499 and up. SCT you will still need a flash device. HP you program right off the laptop to the vehicle. Both have their pro's and con's . If you already have the flash device then the SCT will give you what you want.

Check out - http://www.lasotaracing.com/ and maybe send him an email and see what he can do.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
For what it will cost you to buy the software and experiment, the much easier route with better results would be to simply buy a tune from Lito or another well qualified tuner. Sometimes it's cheaper to let experts do what they do, especially when the risk of screwing up can be so expensive. And you will also get the added bonus of a well tuned car at no additional cost.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
You are going to need either HP Tuners Software or SCT Pro Racer Advantage III or have a tuner do it for you and send you the file to load with your X3 or X4. HP and SCT Pro Racer are $499 and up. SCT you will still need a flash device. HP you program right off the laptop to the vehicle. Both have their pro's and con's . If you already have the flash device then the SCT will give you what you want.

Check out - http://www.lasotaracing.com/ and maybe send him an email and see what he can do.

I would NOT recommend something like HP Tuners to a regular customer, waaaaaaay too much ability to fuck up your entire car.

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Thanks for this info.

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For what it will cost you to buy the software and experiment, the much easier route with better results would be to simply buy a tune from Lito or another well qualified tuner. Sometimes it's cheaper to let experts do what they do, especially when the risk of screwing up can be so expensive. And you will also get the added bonus of a well tuned car at no additional cost.

And thanks for the advise.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back