Pics Of Mild II Wild Car Club At Lincoln Boro, PA V.F.D Car Show

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Here's some images taken from my local car club at Lincoln Boro, PA V.F.D annual car show..

Last edited:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not one, but two AMX Javelins?

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
How many people know what either of them are?

A 390 AMX 4 speed would be pretty sweet to own.

I can't really speak for other people.. However most classic car enthusiasts know the differences between the AMX and Javelin with the AMX having a slight shorter wheel base along with being a 2 seat passenger coupe along with the 390 4 speed.. I most definitely agree it would be really sweet to own one for sure :waytogo:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can't really speak for other people.. However most classic car enthusiasts know the differences between the AMX and Javelin with the AMX having a slight shorter wheel base along with being a 2 seat passenger coupe along with the 390 4 speed.. I most definitely agree it would be really sweet to own one for sure :waytogo:

I am sure they are actually both Javelins. AMX was/is a trim package. Two different generations. I like a lot of AMC's cars. Saw a Jeep like concept in Auburn Indiana at the ACD Museum when I was a teenager that was pretty cool looking. It was basically today's Jeep Wrangler with a fastback hardtop, but it was an AMC design.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I am sure they are actually both Javelins. AMX was/is a trim package. Two different generations. I like a lot of AMC's cars. Saw a Jeep like concept in Auburn Indiana at the ACD Museum when I was a teenager that was pretty cool looking. It was basically today's Jeep Wrangler with a fastback hardtop, but it was an AMC design.

Despite the styling similarities between them, they are 2 completely different cars.. As mentioned before, the AMX had approx a shorter 12" wheel base over the Javelin and also had a shorter roofline.. Therefore the AMX was not a trim package for the Javelin.. The AMX also had just a 2 year production run from 1968-70 where as the Javelin's production run lasted 7 years from 1967-1974..

Also as mentioned before, the AMX was only offered as a 2 seat passenger sports coupe over the Javelin's 4 seat passenger hardtop coupe..

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back