Suspension setup

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Need some setup advice! I can only get the car to hook off foot brake on a perfect surface.

Vortech JT 25psi, 4r70 auto 5200 stall, 4.10 rear gear.

KM018& AA010 up front. Viking double adjustable coilovers. AP valving 200# spring.

XSB012, CAB005, UCM002, UTCA033. 13 Cobra Jet springs out back. Top hole uca mount, middle for lcas. I have bmr springs to go in the rear to replace the CJs.

Feels to me like front end is just way to stiff even at full loose. Not sure if control arms are just bound up or if the spring is to heavy.

It'll 60 1.29-1.32 off foot brake on a perfect prep.

It instantly blows tires off when I use trans brake.
df52ba15d28fc553e2a17deb3c0f9e61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Just a thought, but it may be a consideration to look at knocking back the timing a few degrees on your hole shot, and then bringing it back in at or just before the 60ft. It may also be as simply as playing with the cam phasing to do this as well. I'd personally look at this aspect and get that optimized before throwing more suspension parts or making geometry changes that are clearly working on the foot brake. Datalog the pass and send it to your tuner and let him work his magic. Just a thought.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
If it doesn't have a 2 step already, maybe have one set-up to de-activate when the trans brake is released, then adjust 2 step from there instead of just simply going against the stall as hard as you can, if that's what you're currently doing.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
If it doesn't have a 2 step already, maybe have one set-up to de-activate when the trans brake is released, then adjust 2 step from there instead of just simply going against the stall as hard as you can, if that's what you're currently doing.

I have a 2 step. I just feel like my shock settings are off. I also feel that I need to get a lighter spring up front. Currently running a 200lb spring on the front coil overs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back