Gen 2 TR6060 Shifter

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Would the race version be ok for street use?

Absolutely. We just call it that because it sounds cool. The shifter will outlast the car.

I guess I could call the two shifters stage 1 and 2. Thoughts? I need to differentiate between the two but not downplay the awesomeness of the entry level unit. Hell, I could sell just he entry level one and it would still be the best shifting shifter available.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a gen2 waiting to go in once my trans comes back. Right now the oem trans mount rubber is pretty pathetic and with the upr k member and poly motor mounts all the movement is at the trans mount. So I am also firming up the transmission mount with harder durometer poly. I plan to use the softer bushings on the frame side mgw mount so the shifter is more planted to the trans. With the motor and trans having the same stiffness bushings that should be a pretty solid setup.

Here is the kit I got to do the trans mount.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DIYMMI

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I have a gen2 waiting to go in once my trans comes back. Right now the oem trans mount rubber is pretty pathetic and with the upr k member and poly motor mounts all the movement is at the trans mount. So I am also firming up the transmission mount with harder durometer poly. I plan to use the softer bushings on the frame side mgw mount so the shifter is more planted to the trans. With the motor and trans having the same stiffness bushings that should be a pretty solid setup.

Here is the kit I got to do the trans mount.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DIYMMI

I filled mine with the window sealant (old Honda trick) used for installing windshields and it's pretty stiff. Never really helped anything. This time around I had them put carbon synchronizer rings in....but I'm not confident 2nd gear will go in smooth. I'll find out on Wednesday.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah I though about using something like that from a hardware store but figured I would do it right with poly I went with the 80a durometer.

Im getting bronze fork pads and carbon fiber rings as well. Also needed a new 3-4 synchro. I never had any issues with 2nd gear there is a revised 1-2 synchro in the newer 6060's. My issue was 4th gear starting to grind and then locking me out completely eventually.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Yeah, that's pretty neat they offer it like that now. Back in the day before they offered a lot of mounts in poly we would use the windshield stuff with great results so I tried it on my trans mount. My only issue is really second, just feels notchy when I pull back at low speeds, not smooth , doesn't just go right in, feels like something has to line up first before it clicks in.....maybe the new synchro will take care...if not shifter will be next. The new gen2 MGW says it fixes the 2nd gear thing also....

GT Premi

Back from hiatus!
Reaction score
There is a "sport" and "race" version. The Sport will come in at the MGW price point. The Race one will be I think $150 more. The Race version is more because we use a high dollar precision U Joint that is big bucks.

The Sport is still better shifting than anything else. The race is just plain silly good.

I will post pics and put them up for sale in about a month.

So, what ever happened with your new shifter? Did you pull it from the market? I know this is a crazy old thread, but I was hoping to see an even better alternative to MGW. I have an MGW gen1 shifter in my GT500. The gen2 is calling be so hard, but if there's something even better on the market for the same money...

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
So, what ever happened with your new shifter? Did you pull it from the market? I know this is a crazy old thread, but I was hoping to see an even better alternative to MGW. I have an MGW gen1 shifter in my GT500. The gen2 is calling be so hard, but if there's something even better on the market for the same money...

Go for the Gen2 MGW, wife and I love it in her '08 GT500, just wish that we went for the taller shift handle. The standard handle is pretty stubby.

36443787163_7a502e5198_o.jpg

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
That shifter is almost too beautiful to put in a car.
I want to buy one for my coffee table.
1cmn.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back