S197 Mustang Forum - S197Forum.com

Go Back   S197 Mustang Forum - S197Forum.com > Mustang s197 Classifieds > WTB Items and/or Parts

WTB Items and/or Parts Post your items or parts you are wanting to buy here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2017, 11:18 AM   #1
tbrock
forum member
 
tbrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: colorado
Posts: 921
iTrader: 34 / 100%
tbrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hot Rods or Detroit Rockers

4.6 3v looking for Ford Racing Hot Rod cams or Brenspeed Detroit Rockers.
__________________
2007 Shelby GT, Saleen SC Stage 3 with 3.0 pulley,Mosaleen tensioner system,UCA,LCA,BMR A arm Brace, SVE Drifts, Nitto NT05's,MGW Shifter, Pypes LT's with off road X pipe, Bassani Axle Backs, FRP 3.73's, BMR Watts Link, Steeda shaft loop, JLT 110mm CAI intake, FRP valve Covers, Brenspeed tuned. [email protected] 4800 feet on Nitto 555's. Most recent dyno 492 HP/ 463 TQ street tune. Race tune 508/479 AFR 11.4.
tbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:17 PM   #2
tigerhonaker
Bullitt Mustang Owner
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: TN
Age: 72
Posts: 6,405
iTrader: 1 / 100%
tigerhonaker will become famous soon enoughtigerhonaker will become famous soon enough
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock View Post
4.6 3v looking for Ford Racing Hot Rod cams or Brenspeed Detroit Rockers.
I see from your description you are running (Saleen SC Stage 3 with 3.0 pulley).

Just so you know the Brenspeed Detroit Rocker cams come two ways.

1-for S/C applications.

1-for Non S/C applications.

I have ran them and know many other guys that have ran them over the years in both applications.
They are an easy cam to live with.

I tried a great many cams in mine over the years as I kept changing/modifying mine.
The Detroit Rocker Cams I di like when I ran them.

Terry
__________________
David (Owner), Me, Jon (Shop Foreman)

Video Link Below,
http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/
tigerhonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:24 PM   #3
tbrock
forum member
 
tbrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: colorado
Posts: 921
iTrader: 34 / 100%
tbrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Thanks Terry I'd prefer the SC version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
I see from your description you are running (Saleen SC Stage 3 with 3.0 pulley).

Just so you know the Brenspeed Detroit Rocker cams come two ways.

1-for S/C applications.

1-for Non S/C applications.

I have ran them and know many other guys that have ran them over the years in both applications.
They are an easy cam to live with.

I tried a great many cams in mine over the years as I kept changing/modifying mine.
The Detroit Rocker Cams I di like when I ran them.

Terry
__________________
2007 Shelby GT, Saleen SC Stage 3 with 3.0 pulley,Mosaleen tensioner system,UCA,LCA,BMR A arm Brace, SVE Drifts, Nitto NT05's,MGW Shifter, Pypes LT's with off road X pipe, Bassani Axle Backs, FRP 3.73's, BMR Watts Link, Steeda shaft loop, JLT 110mm CAI intake, FRP valve Covers, Brenspeed tuned. [email protected] 4800 feet on Nitto 555's. Most recent dyno 492 HP/ 463 TQ street tune. Race tune 508/479 AFR 11.4.
tbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:37 AM   #4
tigerhonaker
Bullitt Mustang Owner
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: TN
Age: 72
Posts: 6,405
iTrader: 1 / 100%
tigerhonaker will become famous soon enoughtigerhonaker will become famous soon enough
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock View Post
Thanks Terry I'd prefer the SC version.
Todd,

I think you will enjoy those.
Like I said I ran them and a close buddy of mine runs them with his Paxton S/C.
A lot of guys have ran them back when Brenspeed 1st introduced them to the market.
They sound better than stock cams which is a plus.
Especially if a person is running the more straight through exhaust.

Seems as I recall the power with them comes on around 3,000 to 3,500 Strong !!!

Enjoy,
Terry
__________________
David (Owner), Me, Jon (Shop Foreman)

Video Link Below,
http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/
tigerhonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:24 PM   #5
AndrewNagle
forum member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mountains of NC
Posts: 2,335
iTrader: 68 / 100%
AndrewNagle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock View Post
Thanks Terry I'd prefer the SC version.

This was on the box for my new Detroit Rockers SC version


Click the image to open in full size.
AndrewNagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:43 PM   #6
tigerhonaker
Bullitt Mustang Owner
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: TN
Age: 72
Posts: 6,405
iTrader: 1 / 100%
tigerhonaker will become famous soon enoughtigerhonaker will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewNagle View Post
This was on the box for my new Detroit Rockers SC version


Click the image to open in full size.
Well my man just making a (Guess) I'd say those were for the Normal Aspirated Engine.

Not the S/C Cams ..........

Just for those interested you actually can run either set of the Detroit Rocker Cams if you started out with No-Supercharger and then Up-Graded to a S/C.

Terry
__________________
David (Owner), Me, Jon (Shop Foreman)

Video Link Below,
http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/
tigerhonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:46 PM   #7
AndrewNagle
forum member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mountains of NC
Posts: 2,335
iTrader: 68 / 100%
AndrewNagle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Well my man just making a (Guess) I'd say those were for the Normal Aspirated Engine.

Not the S/C Cams ..........

Just for those interested you actually can run either set of the Detroit Rocker Cams if you started out with No-Supercharger and then Up-Graded to a S/C.

Terry
say it isn't so...............

thinking the part # DET3VSC was SuperCharge version

http://www.brenspeed.com/detroit3vsc.html
AndrewNagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #8
tigerhonaker
Bullitt Mustang Owner
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: TN
Age: 72
Posts: 6,405
iTrader: 1 / 100%
tigerhonaker will become famous soon enoughtigerhonaker will become famous soon enough
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewNagle View Post
say it isn't so...............

thinking the part # DET3VSC was SuperCharge version

http://www.brenspeed.com/detroit3vsc.html
Well buddy,

When I saw the pictures I thought you were showing me that Brenspeed (Marked-Out) the S/C part #.

Meaning they were (Not) the S/C cams but the Normal Aspirated Cams.

After reading your New Posting ...........
I take it that Brenspeed (Actually) was Marking that Box so they and you knew they were the S/C Cams !!!

Honestly buddy it is somewhat confusing to be Matter-of-Fact about it.

ONLY, Brenspeed knows and Hopefully the Customer which Detroit Rocker Cams they really are in the box.

Terry
__________________
David (Owner), Me, Jon (Shop Foreman)

Video Link Below,
http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/
tigerhonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #9
AndrewNagle
forum member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mountains of NC
Posts: 2,335
iTrader: 68 / 100%
AndrewNagle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Well buddy,

When I saw the pictures I thought you were showing me that Brenspeed (Marked-Out) the S/C part #.

Meaning they were (Not) the S/C cams but the Normal Aspirated Cams.

After reading your New Posting ...........
I take it that Brenspeed (Actually) was Marking that Box so they and you knew they were the S/C Cams !!!

Honestly buddy it is somewhat confusing to be Matter-of-Fact about it.

ONLY, Brenspeed knows and Hopefully the Customer which Detroit Rocker Cams they really are in the box.

Terry
Yeah I confused it, my shop marked it out when they put the Hot Rod's in the box

All Good

Andrew
AndrewNagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:47 PM   #10
tigerhonaker
Bullitt Mustang Owner
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: TN
Age: 72
Posts: 6,405
iTrader: 1 / 100%
tigerhonaker will become famous soon enoughtigerhonaker will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewNagle View Post
Yeah I confused it, my shop marked it out when they put the Hot Rod's in the box

All Good

Andrew
Excellent

T.
__________________
David (Owner), Me, Jon (Shop Foreman)

Video Link Below,
http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/
tigerhonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:09 PM   #11
tbrock
forum member
 
tbrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: colorado
Posts: 921
iTrader: 34 / 100%
tbrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Todd,

I think you will enjoy those.
Like I said I ran them and a close buddy of mine runs them with his Paxton S/C.
A lot of guys have ran them back when Brenspeed 1st introduced them to the market.
They sound better than stock cams which is a plus.
Especially if a person is running the more straight through exhaust.

Seems as I recall the power with them comes on around 3,000 to 3,500 Strong !!!

Enjoy,
Terry
Thanks the plan is to go up one pulley size when I change out the cams. Stock bottom end so trying to stay around the 500 at the wheel power level.
__________________
2007 Shelby GT, Saleen SC Stage 3 with 3.0 pulley,Mosaleen tensioner system,UCA,LCA,BMR A arm Brace, SVE Drifts, Nitto NT05's,MGW Shifter, Pypes LT's with off road X pipe, Bassani Axle Backs, FRP 3.73's, BMR Watts Link, Steeda shaft loop, JLT 110mm CAI intake, FRP valve Covers, Brenspeed tuned. [email protected] 4800 feet on Nitto 555's. Most recent dyno 492 HP/ 463 TQ street tune. Race tune 508/479 AFR 11.4.
tbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #12
tigerhonaker
Bullitt Mustang Owner
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: TN
Age: 72
Posts: 6,405
iTrader: 1 / 100%
tigerhonaker will become famous soon enoughtigerhonaker will become famous soon enough
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock View Post
Thanks the plan is to go up one pulley size when I change out the cams. Stock bottom end so trying to stay around the 500 at the wheel power level.
Todd,

Just as a Heads-Up buddy.
Stay around that power or maybe a little less.
Especially if your Drag-Racing with Drag-Radials which put a Real-Load on the Bottom-End.
I'm telling you as a car buddy that unless you have a pretty darn good reserve of monies and the engine ,stock engine, puts a rod through the side of the block.
Your going to have some really super costly repairs.

Terry
__________________
David (Owner), Me, Jon (Shop Foreman)

Video Link Below,
http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/
tigerhonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:30 PM   #13
tbrock
forum member
 
tbrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: colorado
Posts: 921
iTrader: 34 / 100%
tbrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Todd,

Just as a Heads-Up buddy.
Stay around that power or maybe a little less.
Especially if your Drag-Racing with Drag-Radials which put a Real-Load on the Bottom-End.
I'm telling you as a car buddy that unless you have a pretty darn good reserve of monies and the engine ,stock engine, puts a rod through the side of the block.
Your going to have some really super costly repairs.

Terry

Yes I'm maxed out on what I want on the stock rods/pistons. I mostly run on the road course with an occasional trip to the 1/4 on street tires. At some point I'll build it. I've got 40k miles on my current setup, always use good gas and the tune I'm running is safe.
__________________
2007 Shelby GT, Saleen SC Stage 3 with 3.0 pulley,Mosaleen tensioner system,UCA,LCA,BMR A arm Brace, SVE Drifts, Nitto NT05's,MGW Shifter, Pypes LT's with off road X pipe, Bassani Axle Backs, FRP 3.73's, BMR Watts Link, Steeda shaft loop, JLT 110mm CAI intake, FRP valve Covers, Brenspeed tuned. [email protected] 4800 feet on Nitto 555's. Most recent dyno 492 HP/ 463 TQ street tune. Race tune 508/479 AFR 11.4.
tbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:12 AM   #14
tigerhonaker
Bullitt Mustang Owner
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: TN
Age: 72
Posts: 6,405
iTrader: 1 / 100%
tigerhonaker will become famous soon enoughtigerhonaker will become famous soon enough
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock View Post
Yes I'm maxed out on what I want on the stock rods/pistons. I mostly run on the road course with an occasional trip to the 1/4 on street tires. At some point I'll build it. I've got 40k miles on my current setup, always use good gas and the tune I'm running is safe.
Todd,

Better SAFE than maybe ..... Real-Sorry.

T.
__________________
David (Owner), Me, Jon (Shop Foreman)

Video Link Below,
http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-brenspeed-talks-about-long-term-projects-and-dream-cars/
tigerhonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger