What have you done to your house today

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Spent about 2 hrs unsticking the crank out windows in the sunroom. 10 windows total. Lazy fuckers just painted them shut. Was dreading doing it but glad I got it done. A couple were broken (cranking mechanism) but 8 outta 10 ain't bad. Will be nice to have the option with the weather cooling off.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
A little tip on the crank out windows, put a little silicone on the gasket; one, to prolong the life of the gasket and two, to ensure the gasket doesn't stick. I use spray silicone on a rag and wipe the gaskets down once a year.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Installed a new state-of-the-art toilet flush lever. Nothing beats the touch of a solid flush handle.

Also begun the restoration of my fiances' porch swing. It's a little more than 100 years old, handed down from her family for our home, so I'm trying to be as delicate as I can to remove all the crusty hardware that was painted over.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Installed a new state-of-the-art toilet flush lever. Nothing beats the touch of a solid flush handle.

Also begun the restoration of my fiances' porch swing. It's a little more than 100 years old, handed down from her family for our home, so I'm trying to be as delicate as I can to remove all the crusty hardware that was painted over.

Worthless without photos

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Put up my Hurricane Shutters on the back widows and doors. Will do the rest today!

good luck man. are you evacuating? I have a family member in the Miami area and they are planing to leave tomorrow and drive to Orlando for the weekend in their 5.0 Vert :D

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
good luck man. are you evacuating? I have a family member in the Miami area and they are planing to leave tomorrow and drive to Orlando for the weekend in their 5.0 Vert :D

NO. I am secure and hopefully will be fine. House is secure. Plenty of food, gas and my Generator works fine. Biggest unknown is where this thing is actually going to hit. If it is a direct hit in the keys/Miami area that helps me because it will take away from the impact

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score

What?

AndrewNagle said:
Worthless without photos

My b.

390f9352874527dc22b90876e112f974.jpg

Took me a total of a 30 min to install including my 6 pack pre-game.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
I love a nice hefty metal flush handle. Can't stand the plastic crap and have had a couple break over the years.

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score

Hurricane prep since I got home from work today, to finish up tomorrow. Then wait for the ride to start Saturday evening.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Got the cabinets for the island. Screwed them to each other, still need to put the finish board on the back side and a little trim work. It seems heavy enough, that I'm probably not even gonna screw it to the floor.
ba6a3d3fe5fb63ba1651e9816dd9b41a.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got the cabinets for the island. Screwed them to each other, still need to put the finish board on the back side and a little trim work. It seems heavy enough, that I'm probably not even gonna screw it to the floor.
ba6a3d3fe5fb63ba1651e9816dd9b41a.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Looks great!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Working in the yard the last couple of days, pulling some of the smaller stumps left over from the deforestation project last March, removing large overgrown weeds, and doing some off-roading, just 'cause

36889128240_58d3a3db0d_o.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Hired another house cleaner. Been 6 months since I lost the last one, she starts Monday.

Also I finally managed to get the pool water clear again. Been green since the hurricane 3 weeks ago and nothing I did was working. Took a water sample to Pinch-a-Penny and about $120 later I was in business. Water is blue and clear today.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Hired another house cleaner. Been 6 months since I lost the last one, she starts Monday.

Also I finally managed to get the pool water clear again. Been green since the hurricane 3 weeks ago and nothing I did was working. Took a water sample to Pinch-a-Penny and about $120 later I was in business. Water is blue and clear today.

Did you run a background check on this one!

If I recall correctly last one was a thief.

Also no family members of friends

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back