Any movie buffs or movie goers?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In addition to the 300, Gladiator, Braveheart, etc. - I thought Kill Bill II was really good.

I also like the spaghetti westerns like The Good, Bad, and the Ugly, Fist Full of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, etc.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Westerns were good too I have to agree. Kill Bill was so over the top it was funny. I saw The Day the Earth Stood still, the original was better, this one was ok. The Punisher was ok, again over the top violence was pretty funny. I also took the former Step Daughter and her cousin to see Madagascar II which was ok for a kids movie.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What do you think about the new Terminator trailer?

I think it looks pretty bad ass, but I haven't watched the TV show, so will I miss something watching the movie? I also think that the new Star Trek movie looks like it will be pretty good.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty bad ass, but I haven't watched the TV show, so will I miss something watching the movie? I also think that the new Star Trek movie looks like it will be pretty good.
The tv show sucks ass:tdown:and its not conected with the movie.Just like any other show after big movie.The best shows on tv I've ever seen was soprano's(too bad they're done,cant wait till the movie comeas out) and antourage (cant wait till the new season)

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I think the new Star Trek/Enterprise flik looks promising also.

That's the one I'm waiting on...

I just watched Tropic Thunder and Ember on my way back to Germany. TT was... meh. Ember was interesting... more of a kid's story though.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
i saw the slumgod milionaire last night.Pretty good movie.A litle twisted and wired but good!

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
That's the one I'm waiting on...

I just watched Tropic Thunder and Ember on my way back to Germany. TT was... meh. Ember was interesting... more of a kid's story though.

Do you fly lufthansa or you guys fly with your own military planes?

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you fly lufthansa or you guys fly with your own military planes?

Neither, though I could do both. I was to and from the Twin Cities for Christmas leave; I flew Delta. The 757 I flew back on had an individual entertainment system, which, imo, is the tits.

Flying space-a (space available military air) is super cheap (usually free) but not totally reliable and could leave me in the wrong place at the wrong time. My leave was only 10 days and I didn't want to waste it waiting.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I think the new Star Trek/Enterprise flik looks promising also.
I have heard rumors that Shatner forced them to mess around with the story to get him on the screen at all and then for more time...

It was ok the first time to bring him in for a cameo on the transition to the new generation, but it needs to stop.

I am first and foremost an original trek fan. The original was cheesy but great in its own way, but that is no excuse for Shatner to screen whore the entire genre...

The Ramones never got paid what they were owed by the punk era either - deal with it... :beerdrink:

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Saw Valkyrie today,it was good....expected more,really political,not a lot of action

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have heard rumors that Shatner forced them to mess around with the story to get him on the screen at all and then for more time...

It was ok the first time to bring him in for a cameo on the transition to the new generation, but it needs to stop.

I am first and foremost an original trek fan. The original was cheesy but great in its own way, but that is no excuse for Shatner to screen whore the entire genre...

The Ramones never got paid what they were owed by the punk era either - deal with it... :beerdrink:

Shatner did an interview with O & A on XM radio and said that he wasn't in the movie.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shatner did an interview with O & A on XM radio and said that he wasn't in the movie.
Guess my gossip got stale - heard that 2nd hand... Good for them....

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He wanted to be in it and they turned it off... couldn't work it into the story... Leonard Nimoy is in the movie as Spock though... well, old-Spock...

Redwolf

Reaction score
Another must see is Apocolypto.......:thumb::thumb:

It's subtitled only, but worth it.

Mel Gibson is a superb director.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back