First Time To The Track On ET Streets

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Well guys I went to Capitol for T&T and met up with James(jeostang). My main issues is not getting enough of a burn out to heat the tires properly. You will see this in the video. I did however manage to get a little better than previous 60' which helped me to go from a 11.9 to a 11.779. I also had my fastest pass up from a 120.4 to a 120.94. Looking to get some better times next weekend at JPC's track rental. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Time Slips.jpg
    Time Slips.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Time to update the sig and add some line locks.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I actually hardly heat my E.T streets at all and I still get 1.7 to 1.8XX 60'. I found if I heated them up too much, my clutch fluid would get too hot and I would miss or have a difficult time getting the car into 2nd.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I had really crappy burnouts and one of my better ones yielded better times. I'll get more practice next week to figure out what works. Track prep will probably be better too.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Tow, I'm trying to launch around 3k and I was still spinning alot. I just wasn't getting enough heat in the car so Its hard to know how much they will hold.

I'm shifting at 6k due to being on the stock block.

Big50

forum member
Reaction score
Tow, I'm trying to launch around 3k and I was still spinning alot. I just wasn't getting enough heat in the car so Its hard to know how much they will hold.

I'm shifting at 6k due to being on the stock block.

I just learned how to launch on these as well. You have to leave at much higher rpm. I was doing as you and launching around 2700 where I would launch with dr's. I couldn't do better then a 1.85. My buddy who runs them all the time explained that you will get a little spin but will hook hard after launching at higher rpm. I followed his advice and left @ a higher rpms and ripped a 1.60 last week at the track.

try leaving around 3500-4000 rpms with about 16 psi. I don't straight drop the clutch but let it out quickly, I guess a quick slip is what you could call it. You don't need to do a long burnout either, just until you see some good white smoke back there. You will hook, I have 4.10's and make 500 wtq @ 2500 rpm. As explained earlier, it's a lot different launching on bias ply than a radial and more rpm will help you hook even though it's not what you would think.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Thanks man, I'll Try that next week! I'm confident that I can do better than that. Just need a little more practice.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
How strict was tech? I know that a lot of the local tracks are really clamping down lately. A group of us had a track rental at Capitol and we were running low 11's, high 10's and nothing was said. Tried that at Atco and Cecil and was promptly booted. PM me if you don't want to make anything public...

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I was told that I needed a DS loop with sticky tires, and I needed to fill out my tech card completely with all kinds of part numbers and qual dates for flex plates and a bunch of other shit that I don't have. I was like its a stock car with a turbo basically.

I'm just hoping the track prep for the JPC rental on Saturday will be better than what we had the other night.

One of the passes at night when I let the Trans Am go on green, I was a little nervous becuase 3 cars ahead of me had ate it bad against both walls in my lane. One of the other cars in front of me let out on their pass too because they got sideways. I told the guy in the staging lanes i'd hold up and you go on green.

Continued from the JPC thread: As you can tell I'm still a newbie on the drag scene. I surely wasn't holding the brakes all the way. The guys weren't putting me in the water either. James(jeostang) got a video of me and you can see I had no water box at all. He had great advice and I appreciate him helping me out the other night. Just can't wait to try them out this week! Things will be a lot better on Sat.

Anyway here is the video:

Last edited by a moderator:

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
Saturday will be better, im driving my car down so ill have it cooling before i make a pass... if ya want i cna help u out in the burnout box to let u kno if u have both spinning and enough smoke...

Rev it up high like 5k and drop that clutch pedal move ur foot to the brake hard and theyll spin, especialy with water on them!

Brandon

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I was a little worried about the 2nd gear burns at first, but after I did it one time I wasn't worried. After Jeostang saw that they weren't putting me in the box he helped me. I wanted to get a quick 1 or 2 rotation spin to get them wet then move forward to start the burn.

I'd appreciate the help though! You obviously wont' be able to do that when we go heads up :) I'll let you show me the first part of the track then I'll show you to the white stripe!!!! ;-)

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
lol okay, im gunna need a few practice runs first, im only out there to have fun. everytime i start to get use to my car, i change it and need to start all over again lol!

The drive is 3hours for me, its gunna suck but fuck it ill do it!

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I'm just trying to have fun too. I love it and do it for fun only. Hell I'm not even use to being at the track much less my car. Like I said earlier, the car is great its me that needs the work/changes. The drive will suck for you. Long day and lots of redbull!

I do have a question for those that do this often. When I was at cecil the other day all the big time guys had their car off till they got to the line, fire it up, do their burnout, then take off. Does it really help to not have that heat in the car? I always thought that I'd want some heat in it for the turbo. I guess after the burnout the turbo and up pipe are hot to help spool on the run???

Big50

forum member
Reaction score
It helps with NA and supercharged guys. I know my buddy would have to keep his car running to keep his turbo hot. His was rear mounted though.

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
No hard feelings at all man! Its always a goodtime! See ya guys there.

Ill just drink coffee on the way there, I might rent a room idk yet. Be cool to race all day n have a few drinks somewhere n sleep.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jeostang

forum member
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I'm just trying to have fun too. I love it and do it for fun only. Hell I'm not even use to being at the track much less my car. Like I said earlier, the car is great its me that needs the work/changes. The drive will suck for you. Long day and lots of redbull!

I do have a question for those that do this often. When I was at cecil the other day all the big time guys had their car off till they got to the line, fire it up, do their burnout, then take off. Does it really help to not have that heat in the car? I always thought that I'd want some heat in it for the turbo. I guess after the burnout the turbo and up pipe are hot to help spool on the run???

Most those guy are just running on battery power which is why they start it at the last sec. I try and keep my car off, or keep from pulling up too close to someone in the staging lanes while there running. My turbo heats up quick and starts heating other things up.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Needing to keep turbos hot is a myth, those fuckers will get hot fast they dont need any help.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back