WHIPPLE MONOBLADE ISSUES - P2104 -Forced Idle Mode- & "Failsafe"

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why would I contact them when Whipple took care of me?

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
you wouldn't if you're smart but at the same time this thread may help some other poor guy out with the same issue that can't get theirs taken care of for free. that and i just wanted to use that smiley

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
I've got an RPM hang and erratic idle issue that has recently developed. So I pulled my dual 75mm Kenne Bell throttle body apart. The brass gears had a solid 1/16"+ of play. Compared to a OEM throttle body that has zero play. The main brass gear with shaft slides out once the blades are removed. The secondary gear can then be replaced with an OEM plastic gear. So I'll have one OEM plastic gear, one brass, once reassembled. Also waiting on a new TB motor to ensure no issues. I'll report back if this is the definitive fix to resolving this issue.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had this issue pop up again last june and just got it resolved:

here's the story from last June:

Drove the car for like 45 mins yesterday and just as I'm pulling into a spot at Cars and Coffee, car dumps into Failsafe mode and sounds terrible.

Shut it down, pulled out my SCT pulled the codes, 2104 - which I have had before and believe my TB motor may be failing again, seems the big Whipple mono blade taxes these motors badly, even with the upgraded internal gears, that code cleared when I cleared it with the SCT.

Then P0321 - which is a ECM/RPM/Misfire code and sometimes seems to indicate the crank position sensor maybe bad.

Here's the solution:

turns out that the P321 was erogenous. I finally dug into this issue last month and first attempt at replacing the TB servo was done yet the 2104 code was still there. I took it all apart again yesterday and reassemble it methodically and slowly, I think that the aftermarket (Dorman) TB motor assembly has tolerances slightly different than OEM, when one torques down on the housing screws beyond the first sign of resistance it caused the blades to have much more resistance in movement.

hope this helps someone in the future.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back