New from Pittsburgh

Dhowarth

Reaction score
Hi all - new to the forum and mustangs, but lifelong car guy (48 yrs old). Wanted a new toy and found a nice 2006 Legend Lime GT, one owner with 30k miles.

Just getting up to speed with the car, but fortunately previous owner kept it very clean and made a few tasteful mods: Tokico D-specs, C&L CAI with SCT/Brenspeed tune, Bassani exhaust, MGW shifter, and a few other small bits.

I've been lurking and reading a few sites for a few weeks to decide where to register, and I see a lot of good info and discussions here.

Looking forward to researching and participating!

Thanks,
Dustin

Attachments

• IMG_3310.jpg
    IMG_3310.jpg
    561.6 KB · Views: 4

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! When did you pick it up?

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Sweet look'n ride...love that color & rims. Enjoy!

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome from north of the Burg! I used to live down there. I looked at a car last year that looked just like that. They told me it went to Pittsburgh after I looked at it. Not sure it's the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhowarth

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies and the warm welcome! I love good forum sites and have always learned a ton, especially with a new-to-me car.

I bought the car a little over a month ago, out east of Pittsburgh. It was a one owner car, traded in to local ford dealership on a new mustang. Previous owner took amazing care - some areas look like they must have never been dirty! Definitely lived in a garage.

Lots to learn and do, starting with maintenance. Bought new ss brake lines, clutch line to be ordered, will drain/replace all fluids, and new plugs (yes, I have read all about them and hope that with 30k miles I will have an easy time).

I think Legend Lime is sort of a love it or hate it color, and fortunately I love it, and more importantly so does my wife!

Anyone else close to Pittsburgh, please chime in or drop me a line. Forum sites are great, but local friends are huge too! I also enjoy car clubs if the vibe is right (casual talk about cars over coffee/beer). I still hang out with my old Audi club just for the social fun.

Dustin
Pittsburgh PA

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Grew up in Johnstown and parents live in Somerset, I make it that way a couple of times a year; have some friends who still race at what used to be Keystone.

May be a bit of a drive but I host track rentals at what I consider the best track on the East Coast at Maryland International Raceway (Budds Creek) in the fall have some guys from around Johnstown come down if you are interested.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Hands down the best Mustang site I've come across. Tons of good info here.

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
Welcome. Born and raised in the burgh, just over by the waterfront.

If you want, check out Pittsburgh Car Scene on facebook. We usually meet every Thursday down by Dave & Busters. Alot of mixed breeds usually.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back