JMS Launch Max 6R80 Q???

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Is anyone using this transbrake product? http://www.americanmuscle.com/jms-launch-max-digital-transbrake-kit-6860-1117-gt-v6.html

How is your 6R80 holding up after extensive use with the product? Anyone using it with a factory Converter? How hard is it on the electrical side of the transmission? Is this a device you would put on your street car for use at the track or would you reserve use of this device for a track only vehicle? Or is it designed around being used on transmissions that are expected to be rebuilt after a season of hard racing?

Thanks

Last edited:

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Billy I was told that the quick 6 transbrake was on hold temporarily, but WILL happen asap however.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Billy I was told that the quick 6 transbrake was on hold temporarily, but WILL happen asap however.

Thats good to hear! I will talk to Karl about testing it for them. I just finished my car 20 min ago. Still need to test drive and dial it in,but it moves via the controller.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are several people who are blowing up their transmissions running that digital piece of crap.

2 relay transbrake works and doesnt blow your shit up.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
There are several people who are blowing up their transmissions running that digital piece of crap.

2 relay transbrake works and doesnt blow your shit up.

Got the same report from VMP today when I decided to call them and ask why it wasn't on their list though other JSM products are. I was told it works well for the all out racer and a built 6R80 that also gets freshened up after reach season. The stall converter and foot braking it is the best bang for the buck and doesn't beat the crap out of the tranny.

Thanks for the feedback.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No problem. I run a 2 relay transbrake and it took me about an hour to wire it in. In total i spent about 100 on it.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Billy and I would love to do that as well, but I don't feel so great about splicing into my brand new wiring from the Quick 6 controller to the trans. They are also going to be offering transbrake through the controller soon, so I'll wait and see what happens.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back